5 couples next year...villa help please

Travel discussion for St. John
PA Girl

Re: 5 couples next year...villa help please

Post by PA Girl »

We loved Bay Rum Breeze for 3 couples. It is located a bit further out of town butt that also makes it very convenient to the North Shore Beaches. We went to Cruz Bay 5 of the 7 nights we stayed there.
jaybfloyd

Post by jaybfloyd »

stjchica wrote:Villa Bijou is a 3 BR I would like to stay at sometime..
The place may work. I've contacted the owner to ask about any specials. Little out of our price range for 3 couples. Thank you for the help.
jaybfloyd

Post by jaybfloyd »

kklay wrote:Does it need to be a stand alone villa or is your group open to a condo? If so, look at Destination St. John - Palm Terrace Condos http://palmterracevillas.com/, or in the same complex - Tropical Blessings (3 bedroom). We stayed in this condo in March and really loved it! The owner also has a facebook page and it is listed on VRBO. 8)
No, we'd really like to stay in a villa if possible. Thank you.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Since you are now looking for a three-bedroom, have you looked at Colibri? Three bedrooms, great views, beautiful warm pool, central air, covered outdoor space, easy access to town. Two of the bedrooms are accessed via outdoor stairs, if that is a concern. The house was recently renovated. John and I loved staying here.

I did not see if you said what your budget is. I might have a couple of other suggestions depending on what your budget is.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
jaybfloyd

Post by jaybfloyd »

liamsaunt wrote:Since you are now looking for a three-bedroom, have you looked at Colibri? Three bedrooms, great views, beautiful warm pool, central air, covered outdoor space, easy access to town. Two of the bedrooms are accessed via outdoor stairs, if that is a concern. The house was recently renovated. John and I loved staying here.

I did not see if you said what your budget is. I might have a couple of other suggestions depending on what your budget is.
Thank you. I'll check it out! Our budget is no more $3600/week.
jaybfloyd

Post by jaybfloyd »

jaybfloyd wrote:
liamsaunt wrote:Since you are now looking for a three-bedroom, have you looked at Colibri? Three bedrooms, great views, beautiful warm pool, central air, covered outdoor space, easy access to town. Two of the bedrooms are accessed via outdoor stairs, if that is a concern. The house was recently renovated. John and I loved staying here.

Thank you. I'll check it out! Our budget is no more $3600/week.
Could go more than that depending on if we found a place that really was awesome.
Pulley

Post by Pulley »

Here are three choices the first two I have stayed in each twice.
Vista Caribe through CateredTo - A little over budget but spectacular!
La Papaya through Destination St. John - In your budget, great location, great pool but it is a little older and could use a little polishing up.
Sol Mate through Caribbean VIllas - very nice and would stay here in a heart beat but we usually have 4 couples.
kklay

Post by kklay »

Jaybfloyd,

Just curious if you have had any success with finding a villa or narrowing it down to a couple?
jaybfloyd

Post by jaybfloyd »

Unfortunately, we haven't yet. I'm still trying to get a definite head count of who is going with us. I believe it will be 6 so a 3 BR is what we are looking for at this point. Anyone stayed at http://www.vrbo.com/486703 ??

I read a couple reviews saying that the mosquitoes are bad that close to the water and having it's own beach. Anyone confirm that? Thanks!
kklay

Post by kklay »

I have not stayed there but stayed very close by a few years ago. You are close to the Westin and can even walk the shoreline (although it was rocky with some sand). Looks like a neat place to stay - I love all the stonework!
islandjo2010

Post by islandjo2010 »

Sorry, I haven't stayed at Gull Cottage, or anywhere on STJ that close to the water, but I would definitely be concerned about the mosquitoes!

If it had a/c throughout and not just in the bedrooms, I would give it a try. It does look nice, but those pesky mosquitoes seem to make it through screens and I would be concerned with getting eaten up in the main living areas of the villa!

I have considered Beach Walk Villa which has a/c throughout...no pool but does have a 6 person Jacuzzi...maybe it would work? You could also rent Aussie Suite Villa for more rooms?! The price fits! :) http://www.villavacations.net/about/beach-walk.html

Hang-in there...I know it sometimes seems to be overwhelming, but you will find the right villa for your group! :)

All the best,
Jo
jaybfloyd

Post by jaybfloyd »

Thank you Jo but a pool is a definite need for our group. Appreciate the vote of confidence!
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

jaybfloyd wrote:
stjchica wrote:Villa Bijou is a 3 BR I would like to stay at sometime..
The place may work. I've contacted the owner to ask about any specials. Little out of our price range for 3 couples. Thank you for the help.
No problem...Can't wait to see what you decide! :D
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
GG53

Post by GG53 »

We have stayed at Gull Cottage at least 3 times in the past, and would stay there again except that we need a 4th bedroom. Loved the proximity to Cruz Bay and the Westin. The only minor complaint I have was that the living area of he house would get rather warm while cooking in the kitchen. The bedrooms all have an AC unit so they were all cool when needed but the main living area did not have AC. This may have changed since we stayed there about 3 years ago. The house and grounds are beautiful, and the pool was a good size.
jaybfloyd

Post by jaybfloyd »

GG53 wrote:We have stayed at Gull Cottage at least 3 times in the past, and would stay there again except that we need a 4th bedroom. Loved the proximity to Cruz Bay and the Westin. The only minor complaint I have was that the living area of he house would get rather warm while cooking in the kitchen. The bedrooms all have an AC unit so they were all cool when needed but the main living area did not have AC. This may have changed since we stayed there about 3 years ago. The house and grounds are beautiful, and the pool was a good size.
Thank you. How was the condition of the place? Dated or run down at all? Also, can you snorkel or swim there or is it too rocky? Any issues with mosquitoes?