5 couples next year...villa help please

Travel discussion for St. John
Pulley

Re: 5 couples next year...villa help please

Post by Pulley »

Jay, if you are going during the summer months I would urge you to look at a place with full A/C or at least higher up. We rented home low like Gull Cottage and when cooking it was VERY hot. When the mosquitos came out everyone retreated to their bedroom - it kind of defeats the purpose of vacation together. Best of luck, Pulley
jaybfloyd

Post by jaybfloyd »

Pulley wrote:Jay, if you are going during the summer months I would urge you to look at a place with full A/C or at least higher up. We rented home low like Gull Cottage and when cooking it was VERY hot. When the mosquitos came out everyone retreated to their bedroom - it kind of defeats the purpose of vacation together. Best of luck, Pulley
Thanks. Great point. Definitely don't want that.
jaybfloyd

Post by jaybfloyd »

Looks like we may have 4 couples after all. We need help!
kklay

Post by kklay »

Jaybfloyd,

Have you tried searching VRBO using filters and looking just in the Cruz Bay and/or Great Cruz Bay area? You mention you would like close to that area and have a dollar amount in mind. If you come up with the names of a few villas, then we can chime in with our thoughts based on if we've stayed there in the past. Is it necessary to have all four bedrooms be equal and have their own bathrooms? Does the villa have to be within 5 minutes or walking distance to Cruz Bay? a couple of years ago I stayed in Villa Sanctuary (4 total couples). The villa is beautiful and so is the view! The owners were wonderful to work with. However this villa was located in the Boatman Point area and was probably a 10 minute drive into town.
jaybfloyd

Post by jaybfloyd »

I'll try and compile some options. We're not so dead set on close proximity to Cruz Bay anymore because I've searched that area up and down and nothing has caught my eye or my wallet. I think we've expanded our criteria to include a less than 10 minute drive to Cruz. Thank you!
GraysonDave

Post by GraysonDave »

We stayed at Casa del Sol before. It's perfect for four couples since it has 4 equal bedrooms. Right at 10 minutes from Cruz Bay if I recall correctly.

It's above your budget at the regular price but they are running a special now. You might ask if you could get that rate for next summer.

http://www.caribbeanvilla.com/property/casa-del-sol/
jaybfloyd

Post by jaybfloyd »

Thanks GraysonDave. I think that one might be put on the short list! Very nice.
Wanda Creech

Post by Wanda Creech »

Try Aqua Blue.
They might work with the price too. It seems to have a lot of
room for everyone so everyone can have their space. Bedrooms look pretty equal.
Beach Creecher
SamanthaL

Post by SamanthaL »

Casa Del Sol looks beautiful. I think it looks like a great villa for a group of couples.

Regarding the drive time, 10 minutes driving on St John isn't the same as 10 minutes driving at home!
10 minutes goes quick when you have those views!

Good luck with your search.
islandjo2010

Post by islandjo2010 »

We spent 2 weeks at Acqua Blu summer of 2012. The first week it was our family of 4 then the second week we had friends join us for a total of 12 (teenage boys slept in the 5th bedroom...the media room and loved it). Each couple will have complete privacy in the 4 bedrooms. Check it out here and feel free to PM me any questions. http://www.vrbo.com/266776#

Best of luck as your search continues! :)
Jo
Pulley

Post by Pulley »

I'm going to say it again for 4 couple we love Vista Caribe. La Papaya is also great, not quite as nice as VC.