Prayers needed for August trip

Travel discussion for St. John
AquaGirl

Re: Prayers needed for August trip

Post by AquaGirl »

Wow, what a challenging time you are going through. I can understand the fear of wondering whether the current situation is the new normal. Serious illness can play havoc in our minds. Praying for a miraculous full recovery, guidance for the doctors to know exactly what to do (sometimes they have choices on treatments), and peace for you both!
Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

Thanks again. They are now evaluating him for a skilled nursing facility that has rehab. I would love him to go to Helen Hayes Hospital where I went. Waiting to see if that will be appropriate for him.
Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

Just an update and request for continuing prayers. Rich was transferred to a rehab facility near our home. Not the primo rehab where I went, but a Goid program and very convenient. His heart was not strong enough to do the primo cardio pulmonary schedule at the primo rehab.
Without disparaging the second choice, it was not an ideal situation. Although the rehab was great, they did not manage his medical condition and he got CHF again. Even then, they were slow to act and we had to practically kidnap him and get him to the hospital. His pneumonia did not resolve with oral antibiotics and since they had no capacity to do a chest x Ray it was a blessing that we got him back to the hospital. Boton line: although they held him at the hospital 4 extra days, he was still discharged too soon to be managed at a rehab. He is now back in the hospital on IV antibiotics and diuretics and we hope by the time he gets well again he can come directly home.
Time for the trip is getting closer every day. It looks discouraging but I will not give up until the Dr tells us, like the last time, that he cannot go. Hopefully if that is the case it will be because he is getting a defillobrator.
Boxer5

Post by Boxer5 »

Mary,
I am Marie's sister and I was hoping to see you at Gift Hill. My prayers are with you and your husband.
Boxer5
Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

Thanks for all the prayers Pneumonia is again resolving and he has lost 10 lbs fluid since Friday night. Hopefully we are again headed in the right direction. How we wish that direction would be St John in August.
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Continued prayers coming your way!
Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

Just an update and post to thank everyone for their prayers and well wishes. Rich is home from the hospital waiting for a defibrillator which will be implanted on August 29. It is one of the new type that does more than pace your heart and shock you if it stops. We are hoping this will alleviate the heart failure and that his lungs will heal. Needless to say there will be no August trip but will will head to the rock as soon as we are able. Thanks again and hope to see everyone at one time or another.
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Best of luck for a successful procedure and a return to STJ asap!
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

So glad things have taken a positive turn. Will miss you in August but wishing you a soon come St. John visit.
inuny

Post by inuny »

Thank you for the update. I wish him a speedy recovery.