Prayers needed for August trip

Travel discussion for St. John
liamsaunt

Re: Prayers needed for August trip

Post by liamsaunt »

Sending healing thoughts your way. I hope Rich makes a full recovery and you are able to enjoy your trip next month.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
snorkelqueen

Post by snorkelqueen »

You are certainly in my prayers. Hope to see your posts from a wonderful trip in August
Backtotheislands

Post by Backtotheislands »

Prayers for you and your husband.
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

I hope you can get back there soon.

“It’s a magic kind of medicine no doctor could provide.” JB

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

lprof

Post by lprof »

Good news! Today I heard that "Rich is beginning to show some improvement".
However, he is now in ICCU for his heart condition, and they need and appreciate our continued support.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
inuny

Post by inuny »

Knolmom,

Thinking of you and Rich.
Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

Thanks so much for your prayers and continued support. Things looking up but the doctors say that there are good days and bad days. Rich looks and sounds better. He is frightened and mean now, instead of almost comatose. They tell me that's the good sign. Not good for me, I actually had to leave his bedside and come home early. Very sad. I'm sure tomorrow will be better.
SeaHorse02

Post by SeaHorse02 »

While I do not know you in person, I have always loved your knowledge of the island and learned from your villa posts. My thoughts are with you and your husband, wishing for his full recovery. Stay strong during the "meaness", in my experience it seems to be a part of recovery and is usually directed at the most loved person. It isn't really meant and will pass. Sending an Internet hug.
kklay

Post by kklay »

Knolmom,

From someone who has also experienced the "meaness" from a loved one, that means they are fighting, and can be a very good sign. Please remember to take care of yourself too. Rich is in good hands and I am sure is being well taken care of by professionals who understand the various stages he is and will go thru. Get some stress relief for yourself!

Thinking good thoughts and prayers for you and Rich!
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

Wishing both you and Rich a much better day today and continued strength as he heals. The meanness must be hard but as was posted earlier, it is only delivered to those we care about the most. Xoxo.
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

Thanks everyone. He has Definately improved medically today, has has gone from mean and nasty to plain ill-tempered. I know he is really afraid because he has trouble breathing even with the oxygen. He thinks he will not get better and his life will be over if he stays like this. Of course, he will improve but we can't convince him of this now.we are so happy that he is breathing and he can't see why we are so positive. Tough day, but they will be better. Please keep us in your prayers.
toni

Post by toni »

My thoughts are with you during such a stressful time.
Toni
Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

Thanks again for all the prayers and good wishes. Rich seems to have improved again today, and his temperament is gradually changing. He is more frustrated than anything else, although what we discovered is that with everyone saying how good he is doing, somehow he seems to have the warped idea that this " good" is the new normal...not being able to take a deep breath, not being able to breathe without oxygen and not being able to get from the bed to the chair without gasping for air. His brain is truly not functioning right. But for now, he does seem to be like the Timex Watch: takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. We hope.
momto3boys

Post by momto3boys »

So glad to hear that he is improving. Prayers are with you and your family.
Pickle

Post by Pickle »

Hope he will keep improving and make a full recovery soon. Sending positive and healing thoughts your way, Knolmom.