Any info. on Southern Cross Villa

Travel discussion for St. John
susan & herb

Any info. on Southern Cross Villa

Post by susan & herb »

We are looking at villas for 2015 and was wondering if anyone has recently stayed at Southern Cross Villa.
Would be interested in any thoughts about the villa, pros and cons.
Thanks,
Susan
kklay

Re: Any info. on Southern Cross Villa

Post by kklay »

I have not stayed there but about 7 or so years ago our group was driving around and we ran into Rich (Lime Inn) working on his house being built, and he showed us Southern Cross Villa which he also owned. I thought it was very nice, clean and the view from the pool was breathtaking!
pswlrw

Post by pswlrw »

My group of 8 stayed at Southern Villa a few years ago and we enjoyed it. The great room is large, the kitchen is open and well stocked and the dining table is big. The master bedroom is lovely with a fabulous open stone bathroom. The deck space is good, but the furniture (just a large table and chairs if I recall) didn't invite lots of lounging. The pool deck is small, but hovers over the ocean so you hear the crashing waves. It doesn't get much sun late afternoon which is when we tended to use it the most.

It is close to Cruz Bay and the manager was wonderful to deal with.

The driveway is easy to drive in to, terrible to turn around from - even for 1 car.

The view out to the ocean was lovely, but to the left was Chocolate Hole and Salt Pond - which are not my favorite views.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Paula
Paula

HughA

Post by HughA »

Lovely villa, stayed there twice. However, that was before the Pond Bay development. I would be concerned about what that unfinished construction site looks like.