early dinner in Coral Bay?

Travel discussion for St. John
liamsaunt

early dinner in Coral Bay?

Post by liamsaunt »

Hi everyone! Does anyone know of a place in Coral Bay that serves food in the late afternoon/early evening slot? Say around 4PM? I have been poking around on some of the restaurant websites but can't tell for sure who has food and who is just open for drinks. It looks like the sun is setting around 6:30 PM and I would like to be back to the villa by then, both so I can watch the sunset from the villa deck, and also so I don't have to drive in the dark. Thanks!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
lprof

Re: early dinner in Coral Bay?

Post by lprof »

No experience here, but others I trust have loved the food... open at 4 PM for dinner except Monday.
http://www.oasisstjohn.com/
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

I'm pretty sure you can order food at that time of day at Aqua Bistro and Skinny's too. I would guess Tourist Trap, Miss Lucy's and Shipwreck too for that matter.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Not super "restauranty" but what about the Tourist Trap? They're open until 6 pm and their food is substantial enough for a meal. They're closed Sundays/Mondays.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
Pickle

Post by Pickle »

Aqua Bistro serves lunch all afternoon until they start serving dinner (at 5 p.m. I think). We often ended up there for late lunch/early dinner and were back at Sunnyledge by sunset.

Shipwreck serves lunch until 4 p.m. After that until 6 p.m. (when they start serving dinner) their food menu is limited with some burgers and appetizers. Skinny serves food all day as you probably know. We never got to Oasis since we were always looking for a place to eat before they started serving food/dinner (around 4 p.m.?). We were so hungry from skipping lunch that we couldn't wait around.
inuny

Post by inuny »

If you want to watch the sunset from your deck, then I vote for Oasis because you can easily take it home (the food is great and the prices wonderful). It's not really a sit down restaurant-perfect for take out
david@va.beach

Post by david@va.beach »

oasis @4pm is the dealmor at least it was last march...good portions good price..
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Skinny's ,Aqua bistro, pickles, and oasis for sure.
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
RickG

Post by RickG »

Cafe Concordia starts serving at 4:30. Check for summer hours, but its been 4:30-7:30 Thursday-Monday in the past. I would give them a call before making the drive - 340-693-5855. I like the setting and have had solid meals there that were a very good value.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

I also agree that Oasis is the way to go and the food is yummy, portions are big as well. :)