Low Season?

Travel discussion for St. John
Bluestreak12

Low Season?

Post by Bluestreak12 »

We arrived here on Saturday and I can't believe how busy it is compared to last year. All the beach parking lots were overflowing yesterday. Today we tried going to Waterlemon, but didn't make it that far. We stopped at the four bouys spot and snorkeled there for maybe 90 minutes. When we arrived we were the second car in the parking lot. We ended up leaving early because the waves made my wife a bit sea sick. We must have seen 15 people pass us going to Waterlemon. The majority had beach chairs and coolers. We counted 26 cars in the parking lot when we got back there.

Is this the new normal for July? We can only compare to last year, but it wasn't nearly as busy.

Oh well, it didn't seem like a good day for Waterlemon since the water was so choppy. We'll try it again later in the week. Probably off to Haulover South if the wife feels up to it.
liamsaunt

Re: Low Season?

Post by liamsaunt »

The economy is doing better and people are traveling again. I think the USVI is also getting some of the tourist traffic that used to go to Mexico.

We arrive Saturday. Keep the island sunny for me! :D
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Pulley

Post by Pulley »

Honestly I don't believe there is really a low season anymore. October is probably the slowest I have seen it. We have been going around July 4th the past 4 years it is always "crowded". We're old timers but we've been at least once a year since 1998 and May of '98 was a wasteland.
BostontoSTJ

Post by BostontoSTJ »

I'm hoping that October still lives up to being 'slow season'
RickG

Post by RickG »

We're giving September a try and expect a lower slower season. We'll be on de boat, so if Sweet Christine gets too hot we may end up doing the tour de marina to hook up to shore power and run the a/c.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI