mfaughey

Re: Beach bar owned by KC?

Post by mfaughey »

Kenny who?
Jumper

Post by Jumper »

Yehguafm wrote:Kenny who?

I think he is that short bald headed dude that sings hillbilly music, he will never be popular...... :D
mfaughey

Post by mfaughey »

I guess he is popular, same as that Jimmy guy - I just do not get why the admiration... Just my thoughts, peace out All
BOATSRUS

Post by BOATSRUS »

Is it just me, or does this thread just scream for some "scholarly interjection" from Bandit?
CBINPARADISE

Post by CBINPARADISE »

Who starts these rumors! He is definitely not smug. Good grief!
Connie

Post by Connie »

I just couldn't help myself with this thread. For people to make assumptions about someone they don't know is just wrong.

My Bro did security for him when he was in Philly and he knows I love his concerts and the energy. My Bro told me that he was probably one of the nicest celebrity he ever met. He was polite, gracious and just a regular guy.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Ok, I wasn't going to give my 2 cents, but I'm gonna follow Connie's lead, because she's awesome...
I've been a bartender for 20 years. Big deal, right?
I'm ok with it. Have seen many celeb's who are a lot like other people- some are kind, and some are jerks. People are people, and we all have off days.
Can i bring up a point?-
Who is better, the person with a fleet of yachts who looks down on the working class, or the working class who looks down on someone less fortunate than them?
Who is less/ more guilty of passing such judgement? Lord knows that, unfortunately, we probably all have.
I've met/ waited on plenty of famous people who prefer to be treated like everyone else. Well, that's what I have learned to try and do,regardless of the wad of dough in anyones wallet.
Getting a bit off topic, maybe, but maybe not.
STJ has taught me a different way of humility and patience regarding things like this here topic. Every single person has their own path.
Someone who finally got the financial backing for their own food truck just might might be as happy as someone who just got a job working for him/her.
Happiness and fulfillment comes from every flavored color of the rainbow, ya' know? Not everybody views success as over/under achievement.
I think he's great. Whether he's personally inspirational,or not, it's groovy music to sit on a swing, hammock, blue chair, beach, boat deck,etc... and gel-out to.
I love Kenny Chesney's music. I don't see the need to bash anyone in his shoes...ok, flip-flops...Of course I'd love to chill out with someone like him,- share jokes & stories. Doubt that will ever happen.
I think he's a wonderful performer.. not sure I'd buy him a drink though,- he's got enough dough.
Then again I might if i ran into him down there...the rum is so derned cheap, and I'm easy like sunday morning... 8)
Alan Alda, and Carol Burnett, too...
Kenny's music communicates to all of his fans, and that's what makes his self a real guy to me. I'm not going to confuse the music with the musician, because I've never met him.
Hope to, some day, though.
Smiles-
MJ
Wanda Creech

Post by Wanda Creech »

Mahojim,
I think your heart and head are in the right place.
Beach Creecher
Connie

Post by Connie »

MajoJim is probably the nicest, coolest guy around. He has a good perspective on almost everything.

In my mind, and I have met him, he's a celebrity too :)
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Connie!
You little sweet-talker, you!
:lol:
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

Yehguafm wrote:Kenny who?
+1
'cept I would make it, Kenny who cares? I am on St John.

I do wish that he would drum up rumors of visits to other places so that the "fans" that stalk him would not bother with StJ and thin the herd so to speak. It is becoming to popular a place and this KC fellow seems to be adding to the frenzy.
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
betsyv

Post by betsyv »

This is all too funny...
I have to say when I'm on island... I am so into just having a good time...that he could probably sit right next to me and I wouldn't even know it was him... :lol:
Even if he owned a bar..doesn't mean he would ever hang there.

:? I wonder if he reads these boards!.. lol

I am with Mahojim on this...Live and let live... be nice to everyone, no matter if he's from the streets or the yacht in the harbor.
BetsyV

Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Be as You Are! That song basically says it all. I love Kenny and his music but he deserves to be able to chill! It might be exciting to have a sighting but I would absolutely respect his space!
Connie

Post by Connie »

Barb Y...that is my license plate :)
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

That is awesome Connie! Since you are in PA guess that means maybe it is still available in NY :wink: