Beach Villa (Artistic Villas)

Travel discussion for St. John
jaybfloyd

Beach Villa (Artistic Villas)

Post by jaybfloyd »

I think we may be going with this place. Got a good deal. But before I pull the trigger, I need some feedback please. Has anyone stayed here? How are the rooms? New looking? Mosquitoes an issue? Is the water swimmable? Any and all help is appreciated. We have to jump on this very soon!
Pulley

Re: Beach Villa (Artistic Villas)

Post by Pulley »

Here are my thoughts Jay. For that budget I think you can get a nicer place. That low on the water (or not) mosquitoes could be a problem. The water is swimmable but it is the last place I would want to swim. There are so many better beaches on St. John we quit looking for a villa on the beach.
jaybfloyd

Post by jaybfloyd »

We really aren't renting this place to swim in that water every day. It's more of the ambiance and sounds of being right on the water at night and in the morning. We will be going to the North shore beaches regardless. I just wanted to know from anyone who has stayed at either Beach Villa or Beach Estate to give us some insight. We cannot choose between the two. Thank you.
kklay

Post by kklay »

Jaybfloyd,

Although I have not stayed in this villa (Beach Villa) I have friends that rented it about 4 years ago. We had dinner at the villa and the owner (Donald Schnell) unlocked all the bedrooms so that we could look at the entire villa (our friends only rented one bedroom). I thought the villa was lovely, the grounds are beautiful and in the evening there is landscaping lighting so you can walk around - we even used the hot tub that night. I'm sure based on how much rain the island has had you will have the potential for some bugs, that is what bug spray is for! I remember all the bedrooms being very spacious and the villa has a nice island feel, which I prefer when vacationing on the island. For four couples I believe it would be a lovely place to stay! Good luck on making your choice.
jaybfloyd

Post by jaybfloyd »

kklay,
Thanks so much for the insight!
Bill in Va

Post by Bill in Va »

Hi there. We have stayed in both a few times and love them. Donald is one very nice gentleman who will work with you. We also stayed in both when it was just the two of us. You can't go wrong with either villa in my very humble opinion. He also gives a nice discount on his rental cars when you stay with him. Please tell him Bill and Sandie said hello and God bless...
You are never too old to have a happy childhood...