Mosquito Prone?

Travel discussion for St. John
cocosmom

Mosquito Prone?

Post by cocosmom »

Although it's unclear how mosquitoes go about detecting the presence of ethanol, studies show that drinking even just 12 ounces of beer will significantly increase the attention you receive from the pests.

THE PROPERTIES OF YOUR SKIN AND SWEAT

Up to 85 percent of your susceptibility to mosquito bites has nothing to do with what you're drinking or wearing — it's just genetic. Specifically, the composition of your skin bacteria — the kind that naturally and healthily exists there — can serve as an attractor. As can the levels of lactic acid, uric acid, ammonia, and other substances present in your sweat.

BLOOD TYPE

Another factor you can't control? Your blood type. And it stands to reason that, if the mosquito is there to suck your blood, she cares what kind she's getting. People with blood type O are more prone to mosquito bites than those with type B, with type A folks bringing up the rear.
peacenjoy

Re: Mosquito Prone?

Post by peacenjoy »

Well, dammit! I guess I'm just a tasty "0" and can't do anything about those blood sucking monsters.
I was the only one, of our group of 6, to suffer significant harassment from those dirty birds while on the island. Suffer I did, as I still have scars after 4 months.

I am relieved to know it wasn't my beverage choice. :lol:
Life is good .....
portiemom

Post by portiemom »

those little buggers are a real pain in the tookus!!!
They don't bother me much,but my poor hubby…..he is skeeter bait!
We've tried garlic tabs,B vitamins,allergy meds in advance ,and every form of bug spray ,cream,lotion,concoctions known to man.We burn those Off Coils (those actually do a pretty good job of keeping them away).
At home (in Pennsylvania) we spray Off Yard Guard before we go out.
I guess it's a small price to pay to be in such an amazingly beautiful place!
lisa
ms411

Post by ms411 »

Has anybody tried bug repelling clothing? The website for the company mentioned in the article is down. How could we not know about this????

http://laundry.reviewed.com/news/hate-b ... ign=collab
I Like to KIS (Keep It Simple)