Baby names

Travel discussion for St. John
mizarumonkey

Re: Baby names

Post by mizarumonkey »

I know what everyone's thinking but so far unsaid - either "Woodys", "Genip", or "Stinking Toe". These middle names would be far better conversation starters, but also likely to result in your 14 year-old daughter disowning you. Worth it!
ColumbiaSCTraveler

Post by ColumbiaSCTraveler »

We love Cruz as a middle name, too. It's actually a family name on my husband's side, and also a nod to our favorite island. Coooooool!
AboutToGoCoastal

Post by AboutToGoCoastal »

Thanks for all of your suggestions. We didn't end up using an island related name. I do really like the name Cruz though. If our next is a boy we may have to use it. Thanks again.
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Stay away from Maho, at all costs!!! :shock:
But seriously, when Columbus discovered the wonderful group of islands we all love so, he named them Eleven Thousand Virgins to honor St. Ursula and her 11,000 virgins who were beheaded and martyred by huns while on a pilgrimage.
Obscure reference...? Yes
TMI...? Maybe
My opinion- Ursula is hands down one of the loveliest names I could imagine. If you do choose it, you can leave out some of the particulars about the history if you want to. Just tell her she's named after the most beautiful place on earth!
Besides, how could she be disappointed finding the origin of her name, when she may some day have cousins named Francis, Stanley, Salomon, and (wait for it...)-
Love City!!!
Good luck, and always-
Smiles-
MJ