Floatie Question

Travel discussion for St. John
kklay

Floatie Question

Post by kklay »

Here is my question, I usually bring along a couple of Floatie items that require some air. In the past I have brought along a very small portable compressor that I plug into the wall outlet and then proceed to inflate the items. I have also brought along a hand pump but I'd rather just stop at one of the gas stations and use their air. Can anyone tell me if air is available at the STJ gas stations? If so, do I need to bring along a special nozzle for this?

Thanks for any and all responses!
Coconuts

Re: Floatie Question

Post by Coconuts »

The E-C gas station has an air compressor; it is located on the wall at the hillside back of their parking lot (to the left of the pumps as seen from the street). It has a standard tire fitting, just like a bicycle hand pump, but your float probably has a larger bore plastic inflation fitting, in which case it wouldn't work.

All the best,

Kevin
kklay

Post by kklay »

Kevin,

Thanks so much for your response!
Beachboy

Post by Beachboy »

I have used gas station air machines to inflate floaties, but I bring a needle that is used with a pump to inflate a football or basketball. You can get them at sporting goods stores. Hold it tight in the air hose or it will go flying.
It is a lot easier to bring a few little needles than a pump. :)
kklay

Post by kklay »

Beachboy, Great information - thanks! I'm trying to "lighten my load" for traveling and my little portable air compressor, although small, still is a couple of pounds or so! I'm going to get some of the little needles instead. I'm 86 days away from our trip and it is never to early to start planning!