early october weather

Travel discussion for St. John
dctac

early october weather

Post by dctac »

Hey Guys, My wifey is turning the big five o! B day is early Nov but due to business I'm lookin at October, I've been giving her ideas,Napa, St Lucia, Hawaii Bermuda and seems after reading reviews I can't justify going anywhere other than ST John. So i'm reaching out to you for hte percent chance of shi77y weather. I get hiurricane s (I'm on an east coast beach} I always wanted to stay at Gibney cottage and they only have like the 2nd week open.. hmmmm
Exit Zero

Re: early october weather

Post by Exit Zero »

October is usually pretty nice weather -- the Sept storm worries are quite a bit less - the temperature is tending towards the cooler winter numbers and the humidity is lessening daily - not nearly the likelihood of rainy days as Nov. holds - and the water is a perfect cooling treat.
A week in Hawksnest sounds like a very good plan.!

scan this:

http://weatherspark.com/averages/33722/ ... in-Islands
dctac

Post by dctac »

thanks exit...I'm might just pull the trigger.......I've been ichin to do a week there......
ArkieLovesSTJ

early october weather

Post by ArkieLovesSTJ »

We went in Sept 2012 and Oct 2013. We have also made trips in March and May. We loved the trip last October. STJ is not nearly as crowded, not that it has ever really been crowded.

If you look historically the number of tropical storms in Oct is very low. Oct has something like 1/20th the storms as Sept. We are going again this year in late October. My advice would be go for it.
GidgetPicklebrain

Post by GidgetPicklebrain »

Weather during our October trip (first - second week) was ideal. HIghs in the mid 80's, warm, calm water fofr snorkling. Rain, when we had it, came primarily at night, although we did have one or two late afternoon showers which lasted maybe 10 minutes or so. We bought trip insurance just in case.

The only drawback to traveling in October was that there were a number of restaurants closed that I would have liked to try, but there were plenty of others open so it really wasn't a big deal.

Big Plus - we had HOneymoon Beach completely to ourselves for over three hours!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Confucius

dctac

Post by dctac »

Thanks for input... I also think It will be odd not goin to ZoZo's or Rumbline's. But I think maybe just wife and I on Gibney 24/7 without rest of kids/grandbaby. maybe we won't need to do the dining thing and maybe try a couple new spots. Hmmm Still on the fence but starting to lean to the pull the trigger side.......... Think I'm gone a buy a couple underwater lights and snorkel gibney at nite since I'll be there... Hmm... Yep
jerseygirl062

Post by jerseygirl062 »

Do It ! Buy trip insurance and Do It !
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

October traveler here!

Love the lack of crowds, dislike some of the restaurants being closed. Either way it is still the best fun a girl can have!
dctac

Post by dctac »

I pulled the trigger!! Got another ticker

Last edited by dctac on Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dctac

Post by dctac »

Can't wait to feel the off season.... Figure I'm going to get to try some places we always want to go since alot of our favorite haunts are closed....