BVI boat excursion: Bad Kitty vs. New Horizons II

Travel discussion for St. John
gores95

BVI boat excursion: Bad Kitty vs. New Horizons II

Post by gores95 »

Hey guys will be in STJ in early November with two adults and three kids (17, 12, 5). I did NHII a couple of years ago with just adults and enjoyed it but thinking of Bad Kitty this time around.

It looks like the boat sizes are comparable. It looks like they both hit the Bath's first and then Soggy Dollar Bar on way back to STJ. Difference is Bad Kitty snorkels at Norman Island and has lunch at Cooper Island Beach Club and NHII snorkels at Diamond Reef and stops for lunch as Pusser's (we've eaten here already).

Prices are the same but NHII gives 10% off online. Has anyone been on both and can comment on their preference? Thanks.
Marc

Beachboy

Re: BVI boat excursion: Bad Kitty vs. New Horizons II

Post by Beachboy »

With 5 people the cost of a private charter will be close to the cost of the larger group boats. With a private charter you can determine where you go and what you do. The Baths trip will be cheaper on a group boat as you pay for gas with a private charter but if you want to hit several islands in the BVI the private boat is great. Island Wilsom Excursions is excellent and there are also many others that are good.
bill

Post by bill »

I love Cooper Island. I would definitely go with Bad Kitty for that reason. Food is good there as well. You will enjoy the island. Have fun!
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

We have not been on NH but we did Bad Kitty a few yrs back and snorkeled the Indians and went to Pirates Bight on Normans Island for lunch also to the Baths and Soggy Dollar...to me the down side was feeling rushed at each stop, I guess because we had to make so many stops...other than that great guy and captain..If I do over we'll do a private charter. :)
[/url]
ColumbiaSCTraveler

Post by ColumbiaSCTraveler »

Bumping this one because I think I've narrowed down our BVI options to Bad Kitty and New Horizons.

Any other recent thoughts on either charter?

There are ONLY two (2) of us right now (unless Silverheels and Sister and Awardb and Sylvia want to join :D :wink: )...I'm saying that because with just 2, it doesn't necessarily make sense to do a private charter. That's why I'm leaning towards Bad Kitty / New Horizons.

Thoughts? Thanks!