Villa help

Travel discussion for St. John
psufan

Villa help

Post by psufan »

Lots of things happening in the psufan household these days not the least of which is that our soon to be 24 year old son just bought his 1-way ticket to our favorite "salty piece of land" for January. We have decided that we just have to plan a visit in February just to be certain everything is A-OK :wink: . We don't want to spend a bundle though since we are also planning to visit again in September. We would like a 1-bedroom with AC in bedroom. A pool would be nice but not necessary. Same with a hot tub. Our preferrable dates are Feb 7-14 and our budget is $2K. I know that Cruz Views has some openings but am looking for other suggestions. We aren't picky about location but we do want a place with a nice view.
BAILEYBAY

Re: Villa help

Post by BAILEYBAY »

Not a villa but a condo....Harbour View thru St John Properties has an awesome
view of Cruz Bay over to St Thomas. BJ is an absolute pleasure to work with. It has a shared pool with Captains View and both are well below your budget. We have been coming to St John for almost 20 yrs and Harbour View has by far had the most beautiful sunsets from the deck. Let me be clear, it is not fancy, but clean, close to town, and the bedroom has AC and a wonderful king sized bed. Feel free to PM me with any questions. We were just there in May for 11 fabulous days.
bill

Post by bill »

Check out Estate Lindholm. We love it there!
toni

Post by toni »

Maybe casa Blanca? With tax it would be over budget is all, not sure if you're at 2k max.. Caribe havens rents it I think. We stayed there a number of years ago, but it's been renovated since our stay.
islandjo2010

Post by islandjo2010 »

I did a quick search on VRBO and came across this villa. New listing and looks pretty nice! http://www.vrbo.com/619573

So exciting to plan a trip like this! Good luck to you and your son! :D
donna ristuccia

Post by donna ristuccia »

Check out vrbo #497846 for September
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

Take a look at these and see if any of them strike your fancy:
Harbor Lights (on vrbo)
Stone Harbor
Sunset Ridge
We haven't stayed at any of these, but they were on my "list" at one time or another.
Happy trip planning!
Wanda Creech

Post by Wanda Creech »

Try
Lily Guest Room.
VRBO #513590

These look nice.
Beach Creecher
psufan

Post by psufan »

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately most don't have availability during the week we want to visit (Feb 7-14). I would have loved to go back to St John Guest Suites but it looks like those suites are no longer quite as secret. Congratulations VIOL member Betty :D

I am liking the listing for Happy Hour in Coral Bay. Does anyone know anything about it?
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

Hi psufan...I am sending you a pm...check your box.

:) Sherry in SC
" I believe there's Magic here...."