Day sail

Travel discussion for St. John
Backtotheislands

Day sail

Post by Backtotheislands »

4 weeks from today I will be in my happy place!! We are bringing 4 newbies with us. My sisters and their husbands. We want to do a sailboat tour. I have been to Jost on two other trips and I would love to charter a sailboat around St. John and hit some out of the way snorkel spots. I love to snorkel. One sister has never snorkeled much and doesn't think she will like it. :roll: Anyway, as newbies to the island my hubbie thinks they would prefer a sail to Jost. We are a party waiting to happen! I know we will have fun whatever, but really want to think of what they would like. My personal preference is the local sail. Opinions??
ski2play

Re: Day sail

Post by ski2play »

Woo Hoo, us too!

We love Kekoa for a day sail.

Another thought would be to hire someone to do the day sail you described around St John, and then take the ferry to Jost for the "party waiting to happen" :D

Either way, if you see me with my toes in the water and butt in the sand at Soggy, please don't hesitate to say hi. Just don't tip me any farther over!

stjchica

Post by stjchica »

Expectations can sink a trip...Have you spoken to the couples going and ask them what they would like? What you may love, they may not. Just might help to have everyone on the same page :D
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
GidgetPicklebrain

Post by GidgetPicklebrain »

Wayward Sailor. http://www.waywardsailor.net/about/captain.htm

Carries six passengers maximum so you would have the whole vessel to yourselves, and Captain Phil is an excellent snorkel teacher and a marine naturalist so he can teach you about what you are looking at. Also has excellent entertaining stories to share.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Confucius

GratefulDad

Post by GratefulDad »

I like this one:

www.sailcloud9.com/#!
dctac

Post by dctac »

If you want to spend the day sailing and snorkling don't go to BVI. The time to do customs, wait to get a drink, food etc at soggy's kinda isn't worth it to me. spend the day Sailing and getting wet on your own charter.... If your going to do BVI''s do a power boat. snorkle, bring your own food and skip the canned soggy.
Just my 2 cents
kklay

Post by kklay »

With the newbies along on this trip I think the Jost trip would be fun for them. That way there is a little bit of everything including snorkeling. I've been on a couple of catamarans that included a stop at Jost and also taken Stormy Petral ( power boat) with 8 other friends and had a blast! Whatever you choose will be a great time, I am sure.
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

For newbies I would suggest a powerboat rather than a sail. www.palmtreecharters.com
will hold up to 6 and Captain John will take you anywhere you please with snorkel stops, beach stops, shopping stops, etc along the way! Something for everyone!!! You have more time for beach time and not just snorkeling with the power boat option. :)
Backtotheislands

Post by Backtotheislands »

I think we'd all prefer a sailboat! There's just something about a sailboat! Thanks everyone!!
Pia

Post by Pia »

Come see us over at Kekoa :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
TheBeatyBunch

Post by TheBeatyBunch »

We LOVE the Kekoa and would recommend to anyone! We sail with them every year. Very relaxing and fun trips!!