Pic's Pics and Report - August 2014

Travel discussion for St. John
Pickle

Re: Pic's Pics and Report - August 2014

Post by Pickle »

Appreciate all your kind words. Thank you all for taking time to post!
philbetm wrote:Hubby and I also stayed in that same PH condo in June ! :lol: Music from the Beach Bar got a little loud for sleeping a couple times...but it would finally ease off around 1 or 2 in the morning .
We stayed at another unit in Grande Bay this past June so I know what you mean about the music from the Beach Bar. It was not nearly as loud in August, at least during our stay. We could hear it faintly in the living room but not in the bedroom so we slept fine. Although we've enjoyed the convenience of staying in Cruz Bay, we've opted for villas (splitting our two weeks between two villas) next June.
liamsaunt wrote:One of these days we will snorkel together! :D
That will be wonderful. :D
AquaGirl wrote:May I ask what camera you used for your underwater shots? My husband is not happy with his camera and housing because it can't take super close macro shots. He misses that capability and is looking at other options for our fall trip.
I used a camera which probably not many folks use these days - the (ancient) Canon D10. I take crappy photos with that camera as well as presentable ones. As much as I enjoy taking photos underwater, I've been lazy about upgrading to a newer better camera. I like my Canon G15 that I use daily and have thought about buying the housing so I can take it underwater but that hasn't happened.

Have you seen the photos Steve takes with his high-end camera with the housing? They are as great as the camera itself looks. Steve told me but I can't remember what kind of camera (it's not SLR). Since you've spoken with Steve, you might already know. Sorry I'm no help. Hope your husband will find a camera that makes him happy.
ColumbiaSCTraveler

Post by ColumbiaSCTraveler »

I was SO excited this morning to see a trip report from you!!!

I LOVE your writing, and your GORGEOUS pictures! Thank you for putting names to (fish/animal) faces!

We were there at the same time - went to the same beaches, I felt the earthquake, and we missed you at the Beach Bar! Next time! :wink:

Thanks again for sharing! Now I need to motivate to post OUR trip report....
onthelake

Post by onthelake »

Great report and Pics! Thanks you made my day!
8)
[/url]
Backtotheislands

Post by Backtotheislands »

Thanks so much for the wonderful trip report! I love to snorkel, too, so I loved your pics! Can't wait to be back in the water next week! Your pictures and trip report just increased my anticipation! :D
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Miss you pickle ! Had so much fun with you and hubby- both in the water and in the land!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

WOW...OMG and TY

enough said

Enjoy the journey,
Dave