It's A Beautiful Day

Travel discussion for St. John
BillVT

It's A Beautiful Day

Post by BillVT »

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

VaDavid

Re: It's A Beautiful Day

Post by VaDavid »

I take it that you are a VT fan, are you just visiting the islands or do you live there. I will be there Saturday afternoon, and I cannot wait!
BillVT

Post by BillVT »

No, I live in VT on an island about the size of STJ. In the AM I check the Sunset Ridge Villas webcam to see what kind of a day I'm missing. We visit every year at the end of March.
Heather

Post by Heather »

This is funny to me as I am from VT, but live in NC now. Not being from the south (or obviously a college sports fan :o) I used to see all the VT bumper stickers and think "...boy all these southerners are big fans of Vermont!". Have a great STJ vacation David!
VaDavid

Post by VaDavid »

I had to ask, you never know!
hoosierdaddy

Post by hoosierdaddy »

BillVT wrote:It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Isn't it always a beautiful day in the St. John hood!
gibber161

Post by gibber161 »

We visit every year at the end of March.
Bill, how is the weather at the end of March...we are planning a trip for that time next year...we have never been there in the spring.
BillVT

Post by BillVT »

We think the weather at the end of March is perfect. We seldom if ever have more than a day of rain. Of course the water is not as warm as it is in the summer but it is refreshing. We wear rash-guards for snorkeling to take the chill off of long periods in the water.

Perhaps the only really drawback to this time of year are the number of people on island. But if you've been on island before, there are are a bunch of strategies that will nullify their effect. We hit the most popular beaches early and leave when they start filling up. Then we move on to some of the less popular. Sometimes we will hike to get there.

Since we are timeshare owners up at Sunset Ridge Villas we don't have a choice, but we do enjoy the times we've purchased. After a long New England winter we think March is the perfect time.