Rum purchase on STT

Travel discussion for St. John
Backtotheislands

Rum purchase on STT

Post by Backtotheislands »

Is it cheaper to purchase rum at the duty free shop at the airport or at the cost u less in Red Hook? I like a little toddy for the car barge to celebrate our arrival :D and I think one of them has no bar, correct? If it's at the airport how do you get there after deplaning? Thanks!
iheartsj

Re: Rum purchase on STT

Post by iheartsj »

You can't rely on getting a drink on the car barge. Sometimes they run and sometimes they don't and even if it has a bar, it will probably be closed.

You can buy rum at the airport. Cost U Less is not located in Red Hook. The rum is cheaper than at the airport, but not nearly as convenient. You can pick up a bottle of rum while waiting for your baggage.

If you are planning to provision at Cost U Less be sure you know how to get there.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

The last time I compared pricing you could get Cruzan for $10 at many places, $11 at others...the duty free shop that is after security at the airport was charging $14.

We stop at Food Center on the way to the car barge. It's close to Red Hook.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
Backtotheislands

Must be the Food Center I'm thinking of - on the left right before the car barge in a little shopping area. We never check bags so shouldn't need to wait. I think we will just run into the Food Center (or whatever it is). Thanks so much for the input!
Pia

Post by Pia »

Currently no duty free at the airport outside of the arrivals in the baggage claim area (the one inside when you are returning home is still open) due to the extensive remodel at the airport but depending when you are here it might have reopened

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
northerngal

Post by northerngal »

Pia, when will the remodeling be done?
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

We always stop in at K-mart to pick up snacks , drinks and bottle water
before going on to the car barge. The past two trips ...believe it or not...they have had all flavors of Cruzan on sale for $7.50 a bottle ! :D Don't know that it would be when you go but maybe you could get someone to check for you.

Happy Travels,
Sherry in SC :)
" I believe there's Magic here...."
Backtotheislands

Thank you everyone! One more sleep! :D