Favorite Villa w/kids trip

Travel discussion for St. John
BuddyRock

Favorite Villa w/kids trip

Post by BuddyRock »

After a much too long hiatus it's time to play....Wheel of For--I mean start building a villa spreadsheet! :lol:
OK, I admit that was bad. Cut me some slack, I work from home, it's just me and the dog while the kids are in school.

We are planning a trip for July 2015--4 of us: mom, dad & 2 boys (ages 8 & 12) We've previously stayed at Palladio's View and WindChime.

It has been several years since our last trip and I'd like to hear recommendations from anyone who has a favorite villa with kids. Pool is a must.

Thanks in advance!
Mrs. Buddyrock
Diana2

Re: Favorite Villa w/kids trip

Post by Diana2 »

I highly recommend Bay Rum Breeze on Mamey Peak. The location is really great and the villa is our favorite. http://bayrumbreeze.com/ You can book directly through the owner there. She's great to work with. There's a great pool and hot tub. The house is well maintained and the view down-island is fabulous.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Yes to everything Diane said about Bay Rum Breeze. We loved that house and will rent it again when our group size allows.

Our son was 5 when we stayed there, will post more about why it worked for us later. Need to get said son from school....
CHM

Post by CHM »

We loved Infinity in Virgin Grand. The villa has interior stairs and the lower bedrooms have door alarms as a safety feature for kids. The villa is beautiful and the pool is awesome. We stayed at Infinity in June and it immediately became our favorite villa. It is 4 bedrooms, 4 full baths and 2 half baths.
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

We also have kids and their vote for fav has been Hummingbird Hill and Coconuts on Gift Hill

Video we did for Hummingbird Hill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPkMlEEHGJg

Enjoy
casalafamiglia

Post by casalafamiglia »

I'm biased.....my home, Casa La Famiglia. http://www.CasaLaFamiglia.com

We have tons of barbie's, trucks, toys, family games, beach and water toys, double kayaks, lifejackets, snorkel equipment for all, a 3-D flatscreen 55 inch TV in the Great Room, a video game system and more. We also provide a Welcome Dinner, drinks and appetizers for our guests.
We are booking up quickly, so my advice would be to reserve as soon as you know our villa is for you. Please feel free to PM me with any questions you may have.
Cheers,
Christine
RickG

Post by RickG »

We're down for two weeks in July, with four kids 12-23 (they keep growing up!) for week 2. We're sailing now, but these kids have been going to STJ since they were wee. At this age, my kids were in the pool first thing in the morning, at the beach until we dragged them home for happy hour, and back in the pool until they passed out.

What worked best for us? More beach time was better, so Mamey Peak/Ajax Peak gave us great north shore and south shore beach access with reasonable access to Cruz Bay. Key for boys that age is access to a plentiful affordable food supply at the villa. It's a compromise for us since Sweet Christine and Lizi, my oldest, prefer to be closer to Cruz Bay. I, and my youngest who is 17 now, prefer East End. Yeah, pretty big difference.

If you love some seclusion and walkable access to snorkeling, check out Pebble Cove - http://www.cloud9villas.com/pebble-cove . No pool, but great snorkeling right there. Its a 45 minute drive to Cruz Bay and 15 minutes to Skinny Legs. Works for me, but Sweet Christine was not pleased. Busy traffic every morning - the goats did a dawn patrol on the cliff.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
BuddyRock

Post by BuddyRock »

Thank you ALL for your the suggestions.
The weekend is here and that means villa research time! :)
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Back to finish my recommendation - as RickG mentioned, we loved bay rum breezes location. The beach commutes were so quick, we felt like we got more quality beach time. We split our evenings between Cruz and coral bay.

A nice feature of the house is the outdoor areas. There is an upper part with lots of cushioned chairs and the a lower part down a step or two by the pool. We were there with six adults and had plenty of room to spread out and I could keep an eye on my son in the pool.
david@va.beach

Post by david@va.beach »

Pebble Cove is in an awsome area...I do remember a young goat getting trapped a on the cliff and BAWLING all night!!!!
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

I have babysat at soooo many villas on island with a wide variety of ages. If you can tell me specifics of what you might be looking for- location, size. amenities- I can add some suggestions to those already given.
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting