Rendezvous Bay/Deja View Tips?

Travel discussion for St. John
Bluestreak12

Rendezvous Bay/Deja View Tips?

Post by Bluestreak12 »

We're so excited we booked a stay at Deja View next July for a large family vacation. The villa looks outstanding and seems like it will be a perfect fit for us. Here is a link to it if anyone is interested: http://www.dejaviewvilla.com/. It used to be Vistaero but was updated this past year with new owners.

We have previously stayed at One Particular Harbor, Astral Ridge and Bay Rum Breeze. All fantastic villas, but not in the area we will be staying next summer. I would appreciate any tips on what to expect in this area. We're looking forward to sunset views this time around and being a little closer to Cruz Bay. Anyone on board stay at Deja View recently? It would be nice to get some feedback since the renovations.

We love to snorkel and probably spend 6 hours a day doing so. Is there easy access to Klein Bay? I'm getting conflicting information on my web searches. I don't think we will snorkel there very much, but if it is easy, I can see going down there early before the rest of the crew gets around.

Also, what's the best way to North Shore beaches? Is it easier to go through town and out North Shore road to say Trunk and then go Centerline if it is east of Cinnamon?

Thanks! :)
SamanthaL

Re: Rendezvous Bay/Deja View Tips?

Post by SamanthaL »

That house looks AHHHHHH mazing!! That outdoor kitchen!!

That bunk room!!! How neat!

I stayed in a house in Rendezvous Point for 2 weeks back in 2003 when we got married. The area is very quiet and we had amazing views east. We couldn't see the sunset though, from what I remember.
kklay

Post by kklay »

We stayed at the villa when it was still Vistaero and the view is absolutely beautiful! The outdoor/pool deck area is large and we really enjoy the Rendzevous Bay area. When we stayed at Sanctuary (same general vicinity, but a bit "lower") there was a wooden staircase down to the beach (rocky beach, not sand) and I understand the snorkling is very good in that bay. I'd love to try the remodeled villa out during a future trip, it really looks nice!
Bluestreak12

Post by Bluestreak12 »

I also love the bunk room. If everyone ends up going, we will have five boys, each with their own bunk. We'll also have four sets of adults that will have their own bedroom/bathroom and my daughters will share another bedroom/bathroom. It sets up so perfectly for our group.

Hopefully it will be an annual trip! 8)
Bluestreak12

Post by Bluestreak12 »

Oh, I guess the snorkeling I was hoping to do isn't technically Klein but Ditleff Point. Anybody have any idea on the best way to get there?

Here's an excerpt from Seestjohn.com that interested me:

Advanced
One of the most exciting snorkeling areas on St. John can be found on the seaward side of the fringing reef, south of the beach. Beginning about half way between the beach and the southern tip of the point are a series of incredibly beautiful ledges formed by the outcropping of the coral. The base of the reef is in about 15 feet of water. The ceiling of the ledge ranges from about three to six feet and extends laterally approximately the same distance. To appreciate this area, you must be able to dive down to the bottom and still have enough breath to explore under the ledge.

This is a unique and fascinating environment, combining the color and beauty of the various corals and sponges with an abundance of fish, eels, lobsters, octopus, shrimp, crabs, plume worms and other creatures which are attracted to the shelter of the ledge.

The rocky area at the end of the peninsula can be explored when the seas are calm and there is a minimum of surf breaking over the shallow reef. This extremely exciting area is only recommended for the experienced, confident and physically fit snorkeler.

Around and between the huge rocks are channels, arches, underwater canyons, chambers, tunnels and “painted” walls. As you will be in relatively open and unsheltered water, you will probably get to see bigger fish than those commonly found closer to shore.
papabou

Post by papabou »

bs you'll have some wonderful southeast, southern and sw views but i believe you will miss sun setting (as compared to colorful clouds) in july. that time of yr sun appears to set north of stt and that view will be blocked by south flank of gifft hill. with the views you'll have great decks for wining and dining. when you want to eat out the drive to cruz bay will be slightly shorter than from gifft hill villas and those in virgin grande since their access is via gifft hill rd. thus 10 min max. enjoy

papabou