Save Coral Bay Fund Raiser

Travel discussion for St. John
iheartsj

Save Coral Bay Fund Raiser

Post by iheartsj »

Some of folks on this forum are interested in the proposed marina in Coral Bay. A fundraiser site has been developed to help fight this marina. There is a short video explaining the issue with great pictures of the bay and marina life that populates it. This fund will be used for legal expenses, etc.

http://www.gofundme.com/coralbay
NJsurfsup

Re: Save Coral Bay Fund Raiser

Post by NJsurfsup »

I find the whole proposal horrific, however i do not believe that getting past the EPA will be quite as easy and therefor have hope. I wish CBCC the best and applaud their efforts because the fate of Coral Bay really should be determined by the people of St. John and in accordance with EPA laws and regs with no undo political or monetary influence.
This could have been a good thing for Coral Bay, especially a modern pumping station and fuel facility, if it had been a smaller scoped project.
StJohnbum

Post by StJohnbum »

As we all know Coral Bay is unique, magical and beautiful. While we only get to visit and will never live there it holds a special place in our souls. We began visiting the Island regularly 30 years ago and St. John and especially Coral Bay brings us a sense of peace. We are glad to do what we can to financially support this campaign. Our hope is that those that live there will have the opportunity to have their voices heard and that a solution that works best for them and the environment and that retains all, or as much as possible, of what makes Coral Bay special can be found.
jerseygirl062

Post by jerseygirl062 »

Great idea to post link here. I'll send a check to help the cause - it is certainly an uphill battle. We've been fortunate enough to visit since the 80's and find Coral Bay and the East End a haven from the increasing crowds in Cruz Bay. Personally I hope it doesn't change drastically.

I'm not technically savvy enough to do it but if someone is able to post the link to tripadvisor st John forum as well for readers there.
DaveS007

Post by DaveS007 »

Monkeynoclimb

Post by Monkeynoclimb »

Just a reminder that the Coral Bay Community Council is a 501c3 charitable organization and it is very easy to contribute to the legal effort. All you need is a major credit card and the http://www.gofundme.com/coralbay site takes less than five minutes to complete. You will then receive a email confirmation afterwards. So far there have been contributions from $5 to $10,000. The Coral Bay family of vacationers, renters and owners needs your help in order to best manage the development of Coral Bay to what the community as a whole wants. Not just a few who are chasing the dollars for themselves. It is time to lawyer up.