Sun , Moon and Stars

Travel discussion for St. John
nancyr84

Sun , Moon and Stars

Post by nancyr84 »

We have Sun,Moon , Stars reserved for next June.I have had a pretty good track record with rentals but was very disappointed in my last choice. I think Sun , moon and Stars looks great , just wondering if anyone has stayed there recently. I like a rental to have nice linens, dishes. I expect it to be clean and not in disrepair. The kitchen doesn't have to have granite and stainless steel , but I don't want it to look like a campground kitchen either. I was just thinking about peoples expectations, my sister in law wanted to leave the last place we rented and check into a motel! I dealt with it but wondered why the place was so popular.I guess if you have a huge budget you don't have to worry as much about such things.
Nancy
Ida

Re: Sun , Moon and Stars

Post by Ida »

check out trip advisor. several reviews.
Backtotheislands

Post by Backtotheislands »

Nancy, we loved SMS. It was 2 years ago, but I think several improvements have been made: hot tub, remodeled shower, etc. The views are to die for, it was clean, bed was comfy, great outdoor sound system. I would stay there again in a heart beat! I have a review on here.
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

I think Minde stayed there last yr...maybe she will chime in...If I remember right...they loved it
[/url]
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Hi Nancy!
We stayed at SMS last November and LOVED IT. That was a splurge trip - we normally stay at super-budget places so we can afford to go more often. I wish we could stay at SMS every trip!
It was very clean, and Bonnie the caretaker is a doll. I'm confident if you had any issue at all, she'd be right there to help you. She lives just down the hill. We were very comfortable there - don't recall any issues with dishes or linens at all. The views are astounding, the pool and hot tub comfortable and private, and very nice breezes! The furniture is comfy. It's just a wonderful place! Easy parking and turnarounds! The only thing I can warn you about is that the wooden doors on the patio may bang a bit when it gets really windy at night - you might want to move a chair against them. And we did find the pool loungers in the pool one morning :)
It's all good at SMS. Have a wonderful trip!