Unbearable....

Travel discussion for St. John
nikkiki

Unbearable....

Post by nikkiki »

The last few days before you leave for St. John are the worst! So much work to do before I can go, when all I want to do is experience the anticipation of the good times to come. So, fellow forumites, help me out. What news? How is the seaweed doing (abated, I hope)? Has anyone else seen the sea walnut and moon jellies that were reported a few days ago? Is the sun shining? Is the water warm? Are all the sea critters present and accounted for? Please tell me there's plenty of rum left for me.
Barb Y

Re: Unbearable....

Post by Barb Y »

Hang in there! Your trip soon come! Read SusanNJ's trip report and check out the pics of the Manta Ray. That should help ya get through. Have an awesome time!
nikkiki

Post by nikkiki »

The manta ray pics are amazing! I had an awesome experience swimming with 20 or so manta rays in Hawaii - they were all doing the same back flips she's describing to gather plankton. Being in the water with something that large is awe-inspiring!
ifloat

Post by ifloat »

Wha? Oh yeah, I forgot, we're going to St. John IN THREE DAYS!

Can't wait to see you there. Bring my floaty chair.
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

ifloat wrote:Wha? Oh yeah, I forgot, we're going to St. John IN THREE DAYS!

Can't wait to see you there. Bring my floaty chair.
I have one thing to say
May the fleas from a herd of camels infest your armpits :twisted:
nikkiki

Post by nikkiki »

ifloat, you're such a terrible liar. We all know you've been packed for at least a month.
RickG

Post by RickG »

We had a great week and a half, just back Sunday. No problems with jellies. We spent five of the days on de boat and we did see sargassum in the water, but not as much as we saw in September. We had to clear the beach in front of us at Jumbie. We did have a four foot nurse shark swim between us and the beach at Francis in about 10" of water. Hot windless nights were a bigger deal, but the a/c in Grande Bay made all that go away.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
RickG

Post by RickG »

...and the cure for that St. John longing feeling is more lines in your ticker! Need to work in a March trip!

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
onthelake

Post by onthelake »

Thank for update RickG! I don't like JELLYS! Sharks are ok, though!

8)
Pam
[/url]
ifloat

Post by ifloat »

I have my snorkel mask, swimsuit and money in my daypack. I could survive the loss of my carry on bag because that's everything I really need. And. I have only been packed for a week, Nikkkiki. See you there.
nikkiki

Post by nikkiki »

See you tomorrow, ifloat! Rick, thanks very much for the update! Wish I could swing a March ticker....have I mentioned that I work for a nonprofit? Plus...machu picchu beckons.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

My last snorkel was Thursday at Haulover South, and there were still some moon jellies but fewer than earlier in the week. I snorkeled through tons of them this trip, and they don't hurt at all. It feels like you're bumping into water balloons - very odd feeling but no sting or pain at all.
Have a GREAT trip!