Anyone stayed at Pine Cone Drive

Travel discussion for St. John
Rhonda

Anyone stayed at Pine Cone Drive

Post by Rhonda »

We are thinking of taking our teen-age grandsons to St. John this summer & were wondering about Pine Cone Drive in Fish Bay. Has anyone stayed there? Any other suggestions for budget accomodations would be appreciated. Thanks!
Caw954s

Re: Anyone stayed at Pine Cone Drive

Post by Caw954s »

I've been waiting for someone to reply to your question! I just booked pine cove drive today for a last minute get-away in January. There's only two of us, each wanting a bedroom and there's not a lot of 2 bedrooms left for my dates, but pine cone was open this one week, so I booked it. I'll let you know when I get back how it was. I'm trying to figure out exactly where it's located on google earth, still haven't found it yet. We stayed in fish bay the last time we went to STJ and we loved that area.
Rhonda

Post by Rhonda »

Yes, please let me know what you think. Have a wonderful trip!
Caw954s

Post by Caw954s »

Hi Rhonda, as promised here is my review of pine cone drive villa:
Pine cone drive villa is owned by Catherine Stephen, she also has a taxi on STJ. It's located in fish bay on skytop road, a couple of switchbacks down from sol inclination and south shore villa. It's on VRBO and Catherine got back to us right away when we inquired about the villa.
Pros: it was available on short notice and she accommodated our schedule (Thursday-Tuesday) and 5 nights. Very reasonably priced. Nice covered/shady deck with a view of the valley and off to the left you have a partial view of fish bay. Really cozy two bedroom, master has a door onto the deck, the bed is comfy, not too hard, not too soft, looks like a queen size. The bed in the other bedroom appears to be same size and maybe not quite as comfy as the master. Both bedrooms have nice AC units, which was a Godsend 'cause it's been hot. Both bedrooms have a full bath, there is a washer/dryer. A nice kitchen too, had all that we needed to cook breakfast, make coffee, there's also a grill, but we ate lunch and dinner out. The living room is very comfortable, there's a nice tv with cable channels, and we had good wifi service in the LR, kitchen, and out on the deck. There's also a hot tub, but we didn't use it. No pool.
Cons: location is about 10-15 minutes outside of Cruz bay and about 30 minutes from coral bay, this is not a con for us, we like the fish Bay Area, but we do try to avoid driving back at night. Water pressure is an issue at this villa. But, we adjusted to it, we understand that water is a precious commodity so we didn't flush #1's, we washed our hands before we flushed the toilet, we alternated showers (a trickle shower) and had to wait once to wash the dishes (hand washing only).
Summary, we would stay again, we really enjoyed this villa, very comfy, homey, clean, quiet, and budget friendly, we had a wonderful stay.
Rhonda

Post by Rhonda »

Caw 954s, Thanks for the review. Sounds like a nice place. We will keep Pine Cove in mind for our next trip. Glad you had a good visit!