Travel discussion for St. John
Beachnut513

Blue Bitch

Post by Beachnut513 »

Has anyone stayed at Blue Bitch?
ironman417

Re: Blue Bitch

Post by ironman417 »

Yes, four times so far and number five is set for January-February 2015.
I'm 70 years old and I have the last week in January thru the first week in February booked for the rest of my life. There is only one Blue Bitch and if you want certain dates you have to book them or you are out. The place fills up way ahead of time.
It is right on the ocean with it's small private beach. The night time views of St. Thomas still amaze me and are breath taking. Private and quiet even though its only five minutes from Cruz Bay and three minutes from the Star Fish Market. Clean as a whistle, large, double shower, outside shower, dishwasher, full kitchen, clothes washer and dryer, fully screened and a 70 foot veranda over looking the water.
In my world it is the best place my wife and I have ever stayed at.
If you have questions, just ask. We love it there.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Not personally but have heard nothing but fabulous things as the previous poster has said.

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

This isn't an answer to your question since we haven't stayed there, but wanted to mention that we met the owner on our last trip to STJ. He was playing his pan drum at the afternoon tea at Caneel. We really enjoyed the music and chatted with him afterwards. He was quite friendly and gave us a card for BB villa. Looks like it gets great reviews online. Note that the owners live above the unit, but reviews say its very private. I would be interested to hear about the beach there - can you swim and snorkel there?
ironman417

Post by ironman417 »

The beach is a sand and gravel mixture. There are a few areas that they built that are flat and where the beach chairs are.
As far a snorkeling there I have done it many times and it is beautiful. It must be good because at least three times a week a dive boat anchors about 500 feet offshore and uses it as an excursion spot.
The owners are Ann and Albion Sewer. They are the nicest people you would want to meet. Albion plays the steel drums at weddings and other events. I once said to Albion that "I love your music" and asked if he had a CD I could buy. He said "no", but then went upstairs and made one for us for free. It even had our names on it. What nice people....Al
bill

Post by bill »

We have stayed at Blue Bitch and will return! I second all of the above. Wonderful place with wonderful owners. It really is perfect - location and view are the best.
Apartment has all the amenities you could ask for and then some. Ann and Albion are real sweathearts. Make you feel immediately like family. You will feel content to never leave the property.

Book it now and enjoy!
Beachnut513

Post by Beachnut513 »

Well it's official! We're BOOKED!!! Can't wait to get back to St. John!!
bill

Post by bill »

Congratulations! Can't wait for the trip report!

You will really enjoy Blue Bitch.
Sumerwaters

Post by Sumerwaters »

Ironman,
I have been trying to get into bb the end of jan and first week of feb for several years. Now I know why!

Yes, it is a great property and fine people.

We will be just across the bay from you on our next visit. Enjoy!
ironman417

Post by ironman417 »

Sumerwaters,

Look I'll be 70 on this trip. How much time can I have left? I'll let you know if I start to go down hill quick. :lol:

We'll be there from 1/30-2/12. You know where the BlueBitch is. If you want a free lunch just stop over and the treat will be on us.

Happy travels....Al
Connie

Post by Connie »

Blue Bitch is my dream vacation. I use to work with a girl , who's daughter stayed there for her honeymoon. She couldn't say enough good things about it.

Just look at their calendar. Gets booked fast.

Enjoy!
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
Beachnut513

Post by Beachnut513 »

I just don't understand why more people haven't commented on this location. I really hope that I'm not getting scammed.
ironman417

Post by ironman417 »

Beachnut,

No scam. Like I said there is only one BlueBitch. At the most there are a total of 40 different people that stay there a year and a lot of them are repeat customers. This will limit the number of reviews. If you want reviews just go on "HomeAway.com" and enter "bluebitch" and about 46 reviews will come up. Of that number around 99% will be 5 star. Somebody gave less than 5 stars one time because it rained.

Just on this one topic, Pia who has almost 5000 post and lives on St. John and is considered very reliable said "heard nothing but fabulous things". Others have said "and will return, it really is perfection", "trying to get in BB for several years, great property and fine people", and "couldn't say enough good things about it".

The BlueBitch has been the best vacation time my wife and I have ever had. It is booked up for years to come and others may not be as raved about BB as us because if they did, the time they wanted may be taken. My time is guaranteed because we have the time slot booked for the rest of our lives.

Beachnut, in a way you were lucky to get in and I know as time goes by you will be so glad you did. You have found true paradise on St. John. I can't wait to hear your trip report. Best wishes....Al
Connie

Post by Connie »

Beach nut....take a few deep breaths and read everyone's comments here. You did good. Don't worry. You're very lucky you were able to book Blue Bitch.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
Beachnut513

Post by Beachnut513 »

Connie, Believe me I can't wait for this vacation! I had open heart surgery 10 months ago and this vacation can't come soon enough!