Virgin Gorda 3 nite stay?

Travel discussion for St. John
dctac

Virgin Gorda 3 nite stay?

Post by dctac »

Looking for suggestions for a place to stay for 3 nites on Virgin Gorda. Mango Bay has a 5 nite minimun, Guavaberry has a 7 nite min. lookin to do a mini trip with my wife since all the kids leave early this year and we are alone 6 days.
Haven't made it to VG yet... Thanks Duck
AquaGirl

Re: Virgin Gorda 3 nite stay?

Post by AquaGirl »

We recently returned from 10 days on VG and loved it. We stayed at a villa called Adagio, which was wonderful. I don't know if it has a minimum stay, but I highly recommend it.

Did you look at Nail Bay? We haven't stayed there, but have seen the resort and eaten at the restaurant. Its a scenic place and has 2 nice beaches (Mountain Trunk and Long Bay). Its about 15 minutes from town on good roads and about 10 minutes to another beautiful beach (Savannah).

You might also look at Leverick as they have rooms and suites. Haven't stayed here, but the resort looks nice - they have a pool and good restaurant. If you are there in season, they have a fun BBQ and show called The Jumbies. The beach is small and right at the marina. They are very close to Gun Creek where you can take a ferry to Saba, Bitter End, Fat Virgin or Biras Creek. The managers have a very good reputation on another forum.

Be sure to go to Hog Heaven - it has a breath taking view of the North Sound and out to Anegada. Really stunning view. Its a few minutes past Nail Bay.

Happy trip planning!
bill

Post by bill »

WE stayed at villa Open Deck in Mahoe Bay - fabulous!!!!!! Not sure about a minimum stay but I would definitely check it out. Virgin Gorda is great!
dctac

Post by dctac »

Thanks ...Good info....
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

bill wrote:WE stayed at villa Open Deck in Mahoe Bay - fabulous!!!!!! Not sure about a minimum stay but I would definitely check it out. Virgin Gorda is great!
We also stayed there and loved that house. We tried to rent it again for our Feb trip but it was booked. We love that location so much, we rented the house next door even though it is more house than we need.

There is a small condo complex in town that might rent for 3 nights. I think it is called Olde Town Center or Olde Village Center or something like that. It looked new last time we visited in 2009.

Little Dix would be fantastic if the budget allows.
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

We are hoping to do at least a few nights on VG after our stay on STJ next yr...I have a group of nine including my kids, my mom and grand daughter and niece going to STJ for a week, I am planning on sending everybody home with my mom and son (28) and hopefully we go over for a bit...I've been looking at these 2, nothing fancy but for few days after a trip they might just work. Hope this helps.. :)

http://www.fischerscove.com/

http://www.bayviewbvi.com/
[/url]
RickG

Post by RickG »

Call Leverick Bay, they have a lot of options. I saw on another forum that Nick & Monica are headed to SXM (Monica manages bookings) but the staff there is great. Our whole family are great fans.

We love Guavaberry Spring Bay too with its beach location. Leverick has lot more options from hotel, hillside villa and beach front villas. For a short trip I'd rent a car and stay at the Leverick Bay Hotel. Great value and on the North Sound with access to Saba Rock, Bitter End and some restaurants like Fat Virgin by ferry/launch.

We'll be at Leverick Bay marina on the dock in January.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

Thanks Rick.. that gives me more options as well :)
[/url]
dctac

Post by dctac »

Seems Leverik is the way to go for a 3 niter. Gotta convince wife it isn't roughing it, it's an adventure into virgin territory!! I'm almost there.... Thanks Rick
mit43

Post by mit43 »

We love Fischer's Cove. Not fancy by any means, but clean and comfy. We get the lower Hotel rooms with the AC.
Tim
Just Another Day in Paradise!!!