Charter to Jost Van Dyke plus snorkeling

Travel discussion for St. John
Caw954s

Charter to Jost Van Dyke plus snorkeling

Post by Caw954s »

It's just my husband and I going to STJ this time, so it would be expensive (750.00!) to go with palm tree charters and I know that's the best one...but can't do it with just two. So what are some other options where we can join other people, but still keep it small, plus have a fun time snorkeling and checking out the soggy dollar? Any suggestions for us? We'd be going either 1/24, 25, or 26, 2015.
Ed S

Re: Charter to Jost Van Dyke plus snorkeling

Post by Ed S »

We enjoyed Cloud 9 twice a few years ago. Captain Jason and Leslie were great. Low key and relaxing. A snorkel stop on the way to JVD (once at Lavongo Cay, and the following year at Henley Cay), clear customs, lunch at Foxy's, then a quick sail down to White Bay. Min. of 2, max of 6.
http://www.sailcloud9.com/about-cloud-n ... trips/c8v3
Image[/url]
bill

Post by bill »

Check out sailing on Fly Girl with Sail Safari in Cruz Bay. It's a small catamaran that takes up to 6 people only. It's a great sail to Jost with a snorkel stop. We have taken it several times and always love it. Great crew with plenty of time to do whatever you want.
Bgill716

Post by Bgill716 »

We will also be there in that time frame. We have always wanted to go out with Palm Tree Charters, but have not been able to find anyone to share the cost. Let me know if we can work something out.
RickG

Post by RickG »

We're fans of the $80 + $20 departure tax roundtrip ferry to JVD. Sundays they have a later return. Note that customs fees for some boats are going to include fees for the NPT moorings as well.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
knee deep

Post by knee deep »

My husband and I will also be there from 1/23 - 1/30 and are interested in sharing a charter. This will be our third trip to STJ and the first one on which we will actually be attempting to pick our butts up off of the beach! Let me know if you are interested!
Bgill716

Post by Bgill716 »

It would be nice if we could work out a date!
Beachnut513

Post by Beachnut513 »

Kekoa!! 55' catamaran that you won't be disappointed! Food and drink included!
Caw954s

Post by Caw954s »

Bgill716 wrote:We will also be there in that time frame. We have always wanted to go out with Palm Tree Charters, but have not been able to find anyone to share the cost. Let me know if we can work something out.
That would be fantastic! Let's try to make that work, palm charters can take up to 6 people and knee deep (below) is interested too. The cost is approx 950.00 with gas, not including customs. But that's do-able with 3 couples...if I had to pick a day I'd pick Sunday 1/25/15...but we're flexible and could do the 24th or the 26th. What do you say Bgill716? How about it knee deep....?
Last edited by Caw954s on Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caw954s

Post by Caw954s »

knee deep wrote:My husband and I will also be there from 1/23 - 1/30 and are interested in sharing a charter. This will be our third trip to STJ and the first one on which we will actually be attempting to pick our butts up off of the beach! Let me know if you are interested!
Kneedeep, see my post to Bgill above, would you and your husband want to try and make this work with Palm tree charters?
Bgill716

Post by Bgill716 »

Hi,
When you say with gas, does that mean gas is included or extra?
Thanks for getting all the info and trying to make this work.
Barbara
Caw954s

Post by Caw954s »

Bgill716 wrote:Hi,
When you say with gas, does that mean gas is included or extra?
Thanks for getting all the info and trying to make this work.
Barbara
Hi Barbara, I just went on Palm tree charters website and it looks like the charter is 595.00, gas is approx. 200.00 depending on where else we go besides JVD. Then 40.00 pp for customs. He only takes cash (or travelers checks) credit cards for gas is ok. I would love to do this, but it's getting complicated! Check out his website...most of the other JVD day trips seem to be 150.00 pp and 40 pp for customs, no extra for gas, and less complicated.
Www.palmtreecharters.com
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

While it certainly can be done cheaper - if you can swing the cost, Captain John is definitely worth the money. The ability to set your own time frame and agenda is near priceless, IMO
Bgill716

Post by Bgill716 »

I understand if it's to complicated. It's hard to make plans with people you have never met. If knee deep gets back to us, maybe we can pull this off, if not, maybe we can meet up at the beach bar for a painkiller.
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

We were down at the end of October and rented a boat with St. John Boat Rental to spend the day in the BVI’s. We rented their boat called Innovation which is a 32” Twin Hull that road like a dream. There was lots of room for all 8 in our party. Capt. John runs the operation out of STT and we met the boat at the National Park docks. Boat and with captain arrived right on time. Plus they have a $99 gas guarantee which was real nice. We ended up hitting 6 different places in the BVI and we did not feel rushed at all. Check them out – great outfit to work with.
http://www.stjohnboatrental.com/
FlaGeorge
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"