Looking for condo in Cruz Bay

Travel discussion for St. John
Noreen

Looking for condo in Cruz Bay

Post by Noreen »

Hi all - we're taking what I'm calling a "bonus" trip next year so that a friend can see the island for the first time. Does anyone have a recommendation for a two bedroom condo within walking distance to town? Budget in range of about 2-3,000 for a week in March, but am flexible on that. Prefer smaller, boutique type accommodations. Thanks!
watergirl

Re: Looking for condo in Cruz Bay

Post by watergirl »

Last January we stayed at Guavaberry Hill run by Caribe Havens. It is just up the hill from Mongoose Junction. It is an older place but well maintained and well stocked. The view from the deck is amazing! Beautiful sunsets! As close to town as it was it also felt very private- we couldn't see another unit from our unit. 2 bedroom, 2 full baths, nice kitchen. Living room was somewhat dated but honestly we spent no time there. We don't come to St. John to sit and watch TV. The bonus for us was that the 2nd bedroom was in a separate building. We had my daughter and her fiance with us and didn't have to hear their comings & goings.

The price was way below your budget - guess because no pool and no air conditioning- which we didn't miss.
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

We stayed here and loved the convenience of location. We stayed in the 1BR unit but it has an adjacent studio with separate entrance, etc. so 2 couples can be close but still separate. Great view too. Let me know if you have any questions.
http://www.crandallonstjohn.com/us-virg ... es/aahana/
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
Beachnut513

Post by Beachnut513 »

Lavender Hill! Great view and walk to town!
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Grande Bay is an awesome location and Tracy one of our fellow forumites has a beautiful 2 bdrm http://www.vrbo.com/328461#
RickG

Post by RickG »

We stayed at Tracy's Grande Bay unit in October. After 38 visits, one of our favorite spots so far!

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Noreen

Post by Noreen »

Wow, thanks for all of the suggestions. I appreciate you taking the time. I am going to look at all of these. Been having a little trouble finding availability on a few places for the week we want. Hope to have this figured out tomorrow night with some post turkey Cruzan.
jdjcmaso

Post by jdjcmaso »

We loved our stay at Gallows Point last Dec. Also Lavendar Hill was great, but I prefer Gallows.
Joe
kirk

Post by kirk »

I painted Guavaberry hill 3 years ago. Great place if you have car. It's a steep walk up to it and it's a house not condo. You can't go wrong with grand bay or maybe gallows point.
Noreen

Post by Noreen »

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. The trip dates changed, the cast of characters changed, and we're going to Caneel. We stayed at Caneel in 2004 on the tail end of Hurricane Jeanne, so I'm looking forward to a return. Hopefully without any storms. These other suggestions maybe put to use on a future trip.