Wedding on St. John

Travel discussion for St. John
Nanque

Wedding on St. John

Post by Nanque »

My daughter got married on St. John last week. It was beautiful, rained about 3:00pm, stopped, wedding was at 5:00pm nice and dry. We used St. John Catering, fabulous service and delicious food. Susan from Passion Flower did a wonderful job with flowers, and being a go between for a rental van for guests. Ann Marie did a beautiful service on Trunk Bay. Sage Parker Hammond took hundreds of photos and I can't wait to view them. I am sure they will be beautiful. All in all a wonderful day for everyone from 7 months to 85 years.
We had one glitch before the wedding. We had rented Eminence on High months ago. It is located next to our home, and rented it for the convenience. Two and a half weeks before our rental was to start, we heard from the owner canceling our reservation. Needless to say this was very stressful, looking for a new villa. The owner does all her own bookings and does not have a on island management company. She had told me in July she would be canceling some reservations, I asked her to please not do this to me and she assured me no problem. We are not the first or last that she has done this to. My advice is to only rent from an on island management company to prevent any heartache before your vacation.
loria

Re: Wedding on St. John

Post by loria »

so sorry about that wrinkle in an otherwise perfect day....
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
iheartsj

Re: Wedding on St. John

Post by iheartsj »

I was sorry to hear that Emminence on High cancelled your reservation. We live below this villa and have nothing but trouble when the owner is there. Loud music until early morning hours. Nanque be sure to post your comments to Trip Advisor.