Car Rental Help

Travel discussion for St. John
Saint

Car Rental Help

Post by Saint »

Good Morning,

We've decided on a last minute trip to STJ around 12/31 or 1/1....airfare has dropped and trying to secure a villa/condo. My concern is the car rental situation. We've called a few STJ agencies but are booked solid. We would consider renting on STT and taking the car barge. Any advice as to which car rental agency on STT is good to use? Best, Lori
FlaGeorge

Re: Car Rental Help

Post by FlaGeorge »

We were down end of October and rented from Amalie Car Rental. They have all brand ne Jeeps and I think ours had like 2500 miles on it. They meet you at the airport (spot on) and as the rest of our group was waiting for the baggage, they take the driver to sign the paperwork (about an 1/8 of a mile just outside the airport). I drove back, picked up the rest of our group and we were on our way. Didn't even have to pay for parking at the airport. Here is the best part - on the return, you go directly to the airport and they meet you there. Unload the baggage - give them the keys - and you're all done. One of the best experiences I had renting on STT. Also, they have service already set up on both STT and STJ should something happen. Can't beat that. Check them out - I'd use them again. Great folks to work with.

FlaGeorge
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
eala

Post by eala »

I hear wonderful things about Amalie but they were booked when we went down. So we used Budget, the Jeep was new and clean and worked well for the week we had it on STJ. I've heard people have had bad experiences with them but we didn't encounter any of them.
Don't sweat the small stuff!
kmf4107

Post by kmf4107 »

Have you checked with Penn's? We have used them for the last 18 years, usually a few dollars more than some of the on island (checked Amalie and the rates are within a few dollars), but downtown parking in their lot is always available, always new cars and I have never been disappointed with their customer service.

Kevin F