Your favorite womens watershoe

Travel discussion for St. John
mahojim

Your favorite womens watershoe

Post by mahojim »

Hey, y'all .
Thinking about getting a last minute Christmas gift for the little lady for our trip next year. Leaning towards water shoes. So - who has the best ones out there? Please respond with any/all styles and why.
Thanks, and Smiles-
MJ
star2515

Re: Your favorite womens watershoe

Post by star2515 »

My dad is a diabetic and I wanted to get him water shoes last year he could also use on trails. We got him the Columbia Drainmakers II. They also make them for women. He liked them very much, they drained well, dried quickly and were supportive enough for trails (he used them to get to Waterlemon, Salomon and Brown Bay). His only complaint was after time in the water he did get a sand build up, which was easily resolved by taking them off before hiking back and rinsing them out. Here are the women versions on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Columbia-Womens-D ... 8828835674

They are more tennis shoe than traditional water shoes, but they did suite my dads needs best since he isn't one to wear flip flops on a trail. But may not be what you are looking for.
CinnBay

Post by CinnBay »

I bought the Teva Northwater shoes for my trip last summer and love them. They are lightweight, not bulky, comfortable and stylish (at least in my opinion). They look great with shorts, jeans and capris. The strap can be worn around the ankle (like Mary Jane's) or behind the ankle (as a slip-on shoe). I wore them all summer long so they are not just my "STJ shoes". I bought them at REI, here is a Zappos link. http://www.zappos.com/teva-northwater
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Thanks for the help so far. I think I'm gonna try closed toe ones. Thoughts?
Smiles-
MJ
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Again, thanks for the ideas, but opted for the Speedo Women's Zipwalker Water Shoe for My Sweet Amy.
Hoping it'll be a good fit.
Just can't wait to get back there, sorry to make a big deal about it!
It's been a while, and am hoping for the best.
I hope she doesn't browse the forum as much as me, hate to spoil the surprise.
Smiles-
Jimmy
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

You beat me to it - I was going to suggest the speedo ones - that's what I have and I love them