Summer 2016 villa

Travel discussion for St. John
Hawaii

Summer 2016 villa

Post by Hawaii »

Hi - Yes, starting really, really early but planning a trip for the future gives me something to dream about :D Anyway, we are a family of four with two STJ trips with our kids. It is absolutely our favorite place. This time we will be on more of a budget trip as our son will hopefully be going off to college. Our past visits included our first trip to Casa Bueno on Bordeau Mountain and then our last visit to Bay Rum Breeze was our dream come true!!! If we were able to afford and maybe we will be able to I would rent this house in a heart beat. Ok, so here goes want a great house again but with a better budget.

List of must have:

1)AC - will vacation in summer
2)High up for breezes
3)pool
4) hot tub would be great but not must have
5)at least 3 bedrooms
6)Love the mid island but we are willing to try something different but probably not east end.
7)comfortable beds

Budget - Let's say 3,000 for the week but just a round figure.

Love, love STJ our kids are now 17 and 13 so a bit older when we return to STJ.

Thanks for any help.
rImage
Diana2

Re: Summer 2016 villa

Post by Diana2 »

Hawaii, take a look at Casa YaYa in Coral Bay. http://www.vrbo.com/448241 It's 2 bedrooms and a sleeping loft. My daughter is renting it a week after we spend 10 days at Bay Rumb Breeze in June. It looks like a nice villa for the money. When are you planning on going?
lprof

Post by lprof »

http://www.vrbo.com/655606

https://www.facebook.com/alicebythec

Not top of mountain high, but I hear there are very good breezes.... AC in bedrooms.

Located across from Miss Lucy's... owned by loria of this very forum. Current rates are great!
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Coconuts

Post by Coconuts »

Hawaii: A bit west of mid-island, with panoramic ocean views and sunsets from the highest westward vantage on St. John, plus easy (under ten minute) access to Cruz Bay, Coconuts and Plumeria would fit all of your requirements, and be well within your budget. More info here: www.cocoplum.vi.

All the best,

Kevin
Hawaii

Post by Hawaii »

Wow - You guys are awesome they all look fabulous. Diana2 - after staying at Bay Rum Breeze we are really spoiled we just fell in love with this villa as did our kids :) Casa Bueno was great too but Bay Rum Breeze just had it all and what an incredible view and the outdoor shower oh I could go on and on anyway the other villas look great too. My husband is allergic to bees so also looking for a villa that is not loaded with bees.
rImage
Hawaii

Post by Hawaii »

Diana2 - We are not sure when we are going - I am just trying to get through this week :lol: In the past we have gone mid July and also end of July. It will just depend on many things as our son will hopefully be going to college and this spring will be doing many visits. Have already started the process. My thinking is either right after graduation (June - end) or probably end of July to beginning of August. I am a bit crazy starting the search now but it gives me something to look forward to and also to save the money ha ha.
rImage
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

I agree with you about Bay Rumb Breeze. It's our favorite house of all that we've stayed in and we've been coming for over 20 years. What we like is that it has it all but it's not over the top in terms of price and amenities. Some villas are so oppulent, I'm a little uncomfortable. I don't think you are rushing at all. We've had BRB rented since last June. You might look at Summerwind. It's just under Casa Bueno on the same driveway. It's not fancy but it's really a very comfortable house. We stayed there twice before BRB was built.
lprof

Post by lprof »

We have wanted to stay at Bay Rum Breeze but have not had those plans work out... yet. This is one on Bordeaux that we enjoyed, and it is just a little over the $3000. at the current rates...

http://destinationstjohn.com/home.php/47/Alta%20Vista
... no longer a stranger to paradise