Cruz Views question

Travel discussion for St. John
mahojim

Cruz Views question

Post by mahojim »

Hola-
Trying to help my sister in law out.
She's looking at http://www.vrbo.com/449971 . Serenita Cruz Views #10. She's hoping it's a short walk to town. Doesn't look like it to me... Anyone have any insight?
Smiles-
MJ
jerseygirl062

Re: Cruz Views question

Post by jerseygirl062 »

We stayed at a different unit in Cruz Views and splurged on a jeep. It's ok to walk down to town - but a killer walk back up a steep hill.
jen in co

Post by jen in co »

We're staying in #10 for the second time in March this year and we'll be renting a jeep. We really liked the unit: private, AC worked great, nice view, etc., but one of the reasons we choose CV is so we can splurge on jeep and nice dinners out. It's a very steep hill back up (my husband actually did it up and down a few times as a workout) and there's not much of a shoulder (although there's not a ton of traffic), so could be dicey late at night
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Ditto on the walk. It is doable going down although pretty steep but coming back up is a challange. Definate workout. I really enjoyed Cruz View!
BillVT

Post by BillVT »

We have a unit at Sunset Ridge just above Cruz Views and have walked into town past it. It is walkable to town but like the other posters mentioned, it is steep coming back. There are no sidewalks on the short part of the Centerline you must walk, so caution is advised. We are in our 60's and walk it on occasion but if I have my druthers we usually take the Jeep.
Last edited by BillVT on Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Good morning, y'all.
Just wanted to thank yous guys who actually took the time to respond.
Haven't been there for 4 long years.
That's a long time, and I appreciate the suggestions.
I told her my thoughts, which you " in the know ", were kind enough to respond to, and all I could do was agree.
They booked the villa/unit today, and are now looking to rent a Jeep for a day, or two. (going 2/23-2/28)
That might be a challenge, as they've booked it all so last minute, but we've got high-hopes.
Weird part of it all, is my concern that this wonderful couple actually enjoys themselves there as much as we (collectively; ie- forum folk-) do. It's a big change for folks who usually do all-inclusives, and such.
They're from a region that's pretty much as hilly as STJ, but a million times colder; - above the Pocono region.
Can't wait to hear about the "island-time" relaxation/ culture shock.
Hell- gonna' be a culture shock for My Sweet Amy and me, at this point, as well.
A welcomed one...
Thanks for all the help.
I just really hope that they like it.
So- next question;- Jeep rental suggestions...? :roll:

Smiles-
MJ