Natl Environment Law Firm Offers Services to Save Coral Bay

Travel discussion for St. John
iheartsj

Natl Environment Law Firm Offers Services to Save Coral Bay

Post by iheartsj »

Here is the link to the latest press release for those that are interested.

http://savecoralbay.com/wp-content/uplo ... -final.pdf
pmk

Re: Natl Environment Law Firm Offers Services to Save Coral

Post by pmk »

Great news!

Forumites only have until the end of the month to send in letters. It's easy!
http://savecoralbay.com/army-corps-comments/

pmk
Caw954s

Post by Caw954s »

I just looked at the save coral bay site, it's an excellent site with links to comment letters. I'm a federal employee and I sometimes make comments on NEPA documents if it involves any type of ecological risk (unfortunately, the USVI is not in my region :( ). Public comments are really important, agencies take them very seriously. Public comments become part of the public record for a site. What other federal agencies have to say is important too. I wanted to read what the USFWS said, since they are responsible for protecting endangered species, and I was disappointed in their letter. They never even mentioned sea turtles? Sea turtle habitat includes the sea grass that will be highly disturbed by the marina project. I'm not sure if this project can be stopped, but if not, it could at least be done in a way to minimize habitat destruction and perhaps even create more ecologically significant habitat.
Cantwait

Post by Cantwait »

Sive Paget is one of the best environmental law firms in the US. The bay is in good hands.
iheartsj

Post by iheartsj »

Caw954s --even if the USVI is not in your region you can right a comment as a concerned visitor to the USVI. Please, if you want to stop the Summer's End Marina and have the time, write a letter to the Army Corps. The more letters the better. Thank you.

PS
I noticed that you are from Kansas City. I'm originally from St. Louis and lived in Columbia area for 30 years.
Caw954s

Post by Caw954s »

iheartsj wrote:Caw954s --even if the USVI is not in your region you can right a comment as a concerned visitor to the USVI. Please, if you want to stop the Summer's End Marina and have the time, write a letter to the Army Corps. The more letters the better. Thank you.

PS
I noticed that you are from Kansas City. I'm originally from St. Louis and lived in Columbia area for 30 years.
Ihearts, I will write a letter on Tuesday when I go back to work, I promise! I want to give a call to my cohorts who are in the Region that works with the USVI just to hear their thoughts. So, you lived in Columbia for 30 years!? Were you connected with the University?
iheartsj

Post by iheartsj »

Caw954s Thank you for the letter. I actually lived in Ashland a small town 15 miles from Columbia. I worked for state government in Jeff City.