Cocoplumvi.

Travel discussion for St. John
mahojim

Cocoplumvi.

Post by mahojim »

[img]n[/img]Let me just point out how awesome Plumeria was when I stayed there.
Simply wonderous. The first villa that My Sweet Amy ever visited on our first trip down there together.
That was a few years ago. Before Coconuts and Plumeria were connected, I think...10 years ago. Never stayed at Coconuts, but the experience at Plumeria was simply magic.
I'm just glad that the owners decided on the name "Cocoplum" for their website, rather than "Plumnuts".
Boy, THAT would be a laugh!
Smiles-
MJ
Last edited by mahojim on Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Coconuts

Re: Cocoplum.com

Post by Coconuts »

MJ: Thanks for sharing your great first villa stay at Plumeria. Some time when we are both on island, we would love to have you and SA by to show you the updates that we have made, and give you a quick tour of Coconuts as well. We are down at Plumeria now, and loving it; pretty busy with lots of small additional improvements, though.

A couple of quick comments on the website name. We don't actually have cocoplum.com; that was my first try, and I thought that such a combo of letters would be unique, but it turns out that there is a tropical plant called a cocoplum, and so the .com URL actually takes you to a site in the Florida Keys. We planted a cocoplum on the fence between Plumeria and Coconuts a year ago, but a deer ate it before it got very big. I was really disappointed that cocoplum.com was already taken, but then figured out that I could get a county code top level domain name here in the VI (this requires that you prove that you own a residence here). So, definitely not having paused to consider "Plumnuts" :? , we were able to get http://www.cocoplum.vi. If you can, you might want to click on Edit, and change the title of your post to "Cocoplum.vi".

Plumeria and Coconuts are not connected, although they share a property line and a fence. For joint rentals, we unlock the gate in the fence between the two properties, which lets guests walk freely around the grounds. Being on a hilltop, the grounds and driveways are flat, which is a rarity on St. John. The tropical landscaping between them is so thick that there is total visual privacy between the two villas.

Lastly, seeing as you hail from Jersey, I need to ask: "What exit?". I was at exit 36 (Atlantic City) for many years, until I moved up to Cambridge to go to school, and ended up never leaving New England. A big snowstorm is expected tomorrow, a day before my return. Thank goodness for the VI!

All the best,

Kevin

PS: I am right there with you on having trouble figuring out what to do with Cruzan Blackstrap Rum. The flavor is really strong.
mahojim

Re: Cocoplumvi.com

Post by mahojim »

Hey, Kevin.
I didn't explain my point clearly.
PLEASE don't don't take this as anything else, but me clearing the air!
The first villa that My Sweet Amy and I enjoyed together-( her 1st trip, my 10th-ish) was at Plumeria.
We were supposed to have 2 other couples join us, they ended up backing out, but we decided to go anyway.
At the time, an older couple owned it. I'm thinking this was about 2006.
When I said Coconuts and Plumeria were "joined", I meant that I thought that it was privately owned, back then. Now it's YOUR "joined" ownership of both properties. I could be wrong, so please correct me if that's the case.
All the same, Plumeria was a wonderful playground back then, and I really hope to visit it again.
Smiles-
MJ