Waterlemon and Haulover North today

Travel discussion for St. John
Caw954s

Waterlemon and Haulover North today

Post by Caw954s »

My husband and I snorkeled these two today. Waterlemon first about 8:30 this morning. It was really beautiful, early enough so we had the place to ourselves, we went counter clockwise, the coral was just spectacular, then it started pouring. Snorkeling in the pouring rain was wild, I loved it!

Next we went to Haulover North, we've never been out that far before, it was fun. We snorkeled over on the left as you face the water, big white rocks with lots of fan coral, very different snorkel, really enjoyed it.

Then we went to skinnys for lunch, great morning!
david@va.beach

Re: Waterlemon and Haulover North today

Post by david@va.beach »

Now that was an ambitious morning! Haulover is realy something when it's calm.We are looking forward to our visit soon. was the water warm?
Caw954s

Post by Caw954s »

Hi David, ha! We get in, look around, get out, and move on. We thought the water was warm. I never felt cold, we both had on rash guard shirts and swim shorts. The weather has been perfect since we've been here, rainy mornings, but then the sun comes out and it warms up fast :D .
cindygad

Post by cindygad »

So sad we had to leave on Sat. The weather and the snorkeling was the best of8 trips. Enjoy! Someone told us to try snorkel to right of Waterlemon along shore out to point. We liked this more than cay. The day we were there weather was perfect, no current No wind.
Caw954s

Post by Caw954s »

Hi cindygad, I know, we leave tomorrow and the weather is going to be fabulous all week in STJ...sigh, family tells us we have an Arctic blast to look fwd to this weekend when we're back home. Well, at least we got a short reprieve. :|
Funny you mentioned snorkeling to the right of waterlemon cay out to the point. We went out with kekoa today and they took us to Leinster bay to the left of waterlemon towards Anaberg point and it was great snorkeling. I would not have done that without kekoa taking us there. The current is strong in that Bay, so if one is going to do that without a boat, they should be a strong swimmer or I'd suggest a life preserver of some sort.