Candies

Travel discussion for St. John
wontongirl

Candies

Post by wontongirl »

I've never tried this place before and I'm not really sure how to get there. After 15 trips to the rock I'm not sure how this has happened. What all do they serve? I know bbq but specifics- Best time to go? Items that can't be missed?
jwwj

Re: Candies

Post by jwwj »

It on the left side on the road from Cruz Bay toward starfish market or the Westin. At the 3 way intersection where the one way road from Cruz Bay and the road coming from starfish turns left.
We've had the bbq fish, ribs and chicken and enjoyed them all as well as the sides, pasta salad, rice and peas and cold slaw. All delicious and reasonably priced. Portions are very large we usually have enough left over to take to the beach for lunch the next day.
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.
wontongirl

Post by wontongirl »

Thank you! I know exactly where this is
Caw954s

Post by Caw954s »

Had dinner there yesterday, really good BBQ chicken, plantains, and coleslaw. We got there about 5:00'ish and she was cooking the chicken and ribs so none were available for about an hour...so keep that in mind in case you're starving or in a hurry. Several people ordered ahead and picked it up, her number is 340-779-1452 in case you're interested.
Enjoy!
wontongirl

Post by wontongirl »

Thanks for the number and info.
ArkieLovesSTJ

Post by ArkieLovesSTJ »

Well it was only 5 trips for us before we finally tried Candies. It was awesome and very reasonably priced. It will defintely be on our must eat list for all future trips.