Snorkel Gear by the week?

Travel discussion for St. John
Kupe

Snorkel Gear by the week?

Post by Kupe »

Hey gang-

First post here...soooo glad we found this forum!

Any recommendations on rental for snorkel gear by the week? This is our first stay on St. John and we'll be at the Westin. I know Cruz Bay Watersports has a location on site. But last year in Hawaii we rented awesome gear in-town from an outfitter for an entire week for less than we could have rented at another Westin for half a day. So don't want to make a mistake like that.

Thanks so much!!

Kupe
KAY

Re: Snorkel Gear by the week?

Post by KAY »

Welcome to the forum! You will be glad you joined, there is a lot of helpful and entertaining people on here!!
We have done weekly rentals from Cruz Bay Watersports at their store in the Lumberyard for our kids and were happy with the equipment. My husband and I actually purchased our fins from them years ago. Might want to call for a price check. Happy planning!
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

St John Beach Bum does a bang Upjohn with their snorkel renals! They also have the exclusive new masks that are the rave of Europe!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
Kupe

Post by Kupe »

Thanks everyone!

Does anyone recall if Cruz Bay Watersports rental prices were different in-town vs. at the Westin, etc?

Thanks!

Kupe
equineannie

Post by equineannie »

St John Beach Bum or Low Key Watersports.
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

We have always used Low Key. They are about a 50 yard walk to the right from the ferry dock.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

Ed S

Post by Ed S »

We always rent from Low Key Watersports. I do not know how the prices compare to Cruz Bay Watersports. Check their website, and if you pre-register (no commitment, just register), you can save 15% off of the price of rental gear.
i.e. $45/week/person for mask/fin/snorkel combo, or $38.25 with 15% discount.
Good quality gear and they do a nice job with proper fitting. Convenient for us as we always stay just up the hill at Gallows Point.
http://www.divelowkey.com/snorkelrental.html
Image[/url]
Caw954s

Post by Caw954s »

We also rent at low key watersports, quality equipment, and good prices. We also took advantage of the 15% coupon. That is kinda funny when I think about it...we spend thousands on getting to and staying on STJ, but I still have my 15% coupon off of 50.00 of rented snorkel gear...brilliant! :lol:
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

I agree with Low-key as a great option. A few of my friends have rented with them and were very pleased with the service and equipement

St John Beach Bum looks good too
https://www.facebook.com/stjohnbeachbum
MN_Bhoy

Post by MN_Bhoy »

I'm another satisfied Low Key customer. They are a pleasure to deal with...
MN_Bhoy
Take me to 18N 64W!
savvy

Post by savvy »

We always bring our own masks, snorkels, and neoprene socks, but rent fins from Low Key for $25.00 per week. We invested in the socks so that we don't need a perfect fit for the fins.
crasherino

Post by crasherino »

Use Cruz Bay Watersports. They have the most inventory and are very convenient. Low Key is in town and - when busy - can run out of equipment as they give first priority to their dive/snorkel trips. I tried to rent from them over Christmas for my son and they didn't have any all week. Other people came in for adult gear and had similar luck.

The price at CB vs. LK is probably the same or very similar. The quality is the same as well.
Beachnut513

Post by Beachnut513 »

We too use Low Key! I rent a prescription mask from them. They charge extra for them but hey without my glasses it's hard to really enjoy the underwater beauty of STJ!! :D :D :D