Planning veteran trip

Travel discussion for St. John
LancerLegacyRanch

Planning veteran trip

Post by LancerLegacyRanch »

Hi All,

Lancer Legacy Ranch is a non-profit organization created to help combat veterans heal by establishing a self sustaining ranch in Texas. We are also incorporating a recreational program for combat veterans to assist with healing.

We are planning a retreat for a small group of combat veterans to the USVI, St John. We are shooting for January 2016. I am trying to make some contacts for planning this trip. I am hoping to fly down the end of July/beginning of August 2015 to recon for this trip.

I am seeking anyone who lives in St John that wouldn't mind speaking with me on the phone from time to time, to help answer questions and possibly link me up with businesses interested in contributing or assisting us on our adventure. We are a 501(c)(3) organization and any donation would be tax deductible and greatly help.

If you are interested in helping me gather information, it would be greatly appreciated. If you would like to learn more about our non-profit you can check out our website http://www.lancerlegacyranch.com

Thank you in advance!

LLR
jimg20

Re: Planning veteran trip

Post by jimg20 »

Thanks for reaching out to us. You will find lots of help from the folks on this forum -- including me. Let us know what you need and let's see if we can't help you fill in the blanks.

Although it will be wonderful to get to STJ next January, you need to recognize that January will be high season. Many people will be competing with you for everything and your dollar will not go nearly as far. Low season starts either April 15th or May 1st depending on who you ask.

If you would like to talk, send me a PM and let's get together.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

LancerLegacyRanch

Thank you! Sent you a message
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

I will be on island 07/28/15 - 08/04/15, along with my Army Sergeant Son. If there's anything we can help you out with while we're on island, even if it's just to treat you to dinner, please let me know.
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

There is another group from Team River Runner (TRR) who bring down several injured veterans for a week of healing and empowerment every November. They have been very blessed with lots of support from businesses and restaurants on island.

Lodging may be more difficult for you with a planned trip during high season so I would recommend looking into that sooner rather than later.

You may want to contact Tom at the Sadie Sea - he is a veteran and has been involved with TRR on island. He might know of people who can assist you.

All my best!!
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
LancerLegacyRanch

Tracy, Thank you so much. I will get in touch with Tom. I may also contact TRR. Thanks!

Michigan girls, Thank you so much for the offer, and thank your son for his service!
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

I was going to say the same thing as Jim...January is high season and a very expensive time to go to STJ. Many regular visitors to the island (myself included) only go during the off season because it's much more affordable. A trip in the high season would never fit into our budget, unless we camped at Cinnamon Bay.

Villa rentals have high and low season rates, and in the off season you're much more likely to get a further discount on a villa. You're also more likely to get a discounted Jeep rental in the off season.

There's a villa on St. John that specifically works with veterans and I believe offers substantial discounts...I can't think of the name but will post it if I think of it.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
loria

Post by loria »

seas the day offers specials for military veterans.... check them out.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
LancerLegacyRanch

Thanks for the responses and recommendations. The end of July 2015, I will be flying down and staying on St John for a couple weeks, meeting with local businesses, and Team River Runner. We will organize an annual trip to send veterans down and participate with TRR's fundraiser every year as well as organizing recreational activities for them. We look forward to this journey in helping combat veterans.

Waylon
http://www.lancerlegacyranch.com
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

That's great - the offer for buying you dinner still stands - we arrive on the 28th.