Skyflower or Monkey No Climb??

Travel discussion for St. John
SheilaW1

Skyflower or Monkey No Climb??

Post by SheilaW1 »

Looking at Skyflower and Monkey No Climb for our upcoming trip....they look in similar area and we are having a tough time deciding.... has anyone been to one or both and can provide some feedback... they both have great reviews on VRBO! Thanks!!
Image[/url]
Monkeynoclimb

Re: Skyflower or Monkey No Climb??

Post by Monkeynoclimb »

Hi Sheila,

I have been to both Monkey No Climb and Skyflower and I must say they are both great places to stay. Both of the owners are great to work with and the houses are at the same elevation near the very top of the mountain and in the same neighborhood. I prefer Monkey No Climb but that is because I am the owner. You can't go wrong with either house. You will have a great vacation.
Sallybm

Post by Sallybm »

My husband and I have stayed at Skyflower twice! It is an amazing villa and we would stay there again in a heartbeat. We rented the whole villa ( didn't stay in the lower level suite). The views are breathtaking and the villa very comfortable. Easy for "villa gravity" to set in! That being said, we have looked at Monkey No Climb and the views would have to be just as awesome there. I don't think you can go wrong with either villa.
SheilaW1

Post by SheilaW1 »

Hi - Thanks so much for commenting on both Skyflower and Monkey No Climb... we have been so back and forth and the reviews on VRBO are nothing if not GLOWING for both!! As for Skyflower - are those views as incredible as they look and everyone says?? My husband says he has to see it to believe it - LOL :) Just had a quick few questions for Sallybm on Skyflower ... my husband loves to cook and it looks like the kitchen is well appointed but how about the outdoor grill? We may have my brother and sister-in-law join us and is the lower suite as nice as the pics? Also - we stayed at 2 different houses in Coral Bay in the past and they had pools but by early afternoon they were in shade and pretty cool. First time we are looking at a hot-tub and hoping it will be fine for early mornings/evenings and that it would be cool enough at that elevation to not need A/C? We assume they have beach chairs and coolers, etc.? Please feel free to elaborate on anything you think we should know. Thank you in advance - Sheila W
Image[/url]
JenG

Post by JenG »

Hi- I stayed at Skyflower in 2013 and have a review posted on VRBO. Skyflower is a beautiful villa and the views are even better in person. The grill was new. There were beach chairs and coolers. We never needed AC in May due to the constant breeze. The hot tub was clean and warm. We used it morning and night. The downstairs suite allows for privacy and has everything your travel mates would need. I honestly can't think of one negative thing to say about the villa. We're not staying there this year only because it has become popular and was already booked by the time we could commit. I hope to stay there next year!
Sallybm

Post by Sallybm »

In regards to your questions to me about Skyflower.....if you can believe, the views are even better in person than the pictures show! It's an amazing villa in every regard. We tend not to cook a lot on vacation and didn't use the grill but it looked like new. A nice feature in the kitchen was the frig which had a water filter and so you didn't have to buy bottled water. The general living area had a half bath which was handy. Since we just rented the upper level of the villa for the two of us, the suite on the lower level was locked but we looked thru the windows and it looked exactly like the pictures show. I will say that the outside shower with the suite is totally awesome - preferred that one to the one with the upper level master! There is a laundry room on the lower level that came in handy. The hot tub was pristine and enjoyable to use day or night. I would recommend taking something long sleeved - i tend to get chilly and was glad I had a fleece jacket in the evenings. We didn't miss a/c in the least. There was only one day during our second visit when the winds died down and then we had some issues with mosquitoes but we just moved indoors and still had the view - just from inside! There are beach chairs and coolers. Hope this helps and I agree with JenG, in that there is nothing negative about the villa and we hope to rent it a third time in the future!
SheilaW1

Post by SheilaW1 »

Thanks everyone for your responses... we'll be booking our trip this week!!
Image[/url]
mrscherry2000

Post by mrscherry2000 »

Sheila,

Hope you enjoyed your trip. I am about to pull the trigger on Skyflower. Did you go through VRBO or directly with manager/owner?

Did you love it? It looks stunning, we're booking for first week of December and I can't wait!

Anything we should be aware of?
loria

Post by loria »

i know the on island manager of monkey no climb (assuming its the same person !) -- it is a stellar villa-- and VERY well taken care of-- you will love it!!!!
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
SheilaW1

Post by SheilaW1 »

mrscherry- We absolutely loved Skyflower!! I did a detailed review of Skyflower on this forum with 3 pics that Anthony the forum moderator posted alink to in early Dec 2015 and words cannot describe this place! Marc Miller the villa manager was awesome to work with!! Do not hesitate - just pull the trigger - you will not regret it for a second! Pm if you want more info/details
Image[/url]
SheilaW1

Post by SheilaW1 »

P.s. we originally booked through vrbo but Marc Miller manages those reservations as well and he's great!
Image[/url]