Villa for 3-4 couples

Travel discussion for St. John
northerngal

Villa for 3-4 couples

Post by northerngal »

Now that we shared our secret island with one couple they are ready to go back next year with friends! Just dreaming at this point but maybe some of you know of the perfect place for us!
We love the Coral Bay Area, loved the built in hot tub and view we had from Almost Heaven but only three bedrooms. I LOVE outside showers.
Any suggestions????? Need to dream to get past this -35 degree weather!!!
ski2play

Re: Villa for 3-4 couples

Post by ski2play »

We love Villa Gin de Mer on the East End, but again only three bedrooms. Unless you can get them to rent the owners area? Salt water pool and hot tub with 280 degree views.
northerngal

Post by northerngal »

the problem with 3 bedrooms and 3 couples is that there is always one couple that has to drive alone.....i think it would get awkward at times. Thanks!
ncsusan

Post by ncsusan »

We have stayed at Estate Fortsberg. Wonderful view, great pool and hot tub. Four equal bedrooms all with their own private bath and outside stone showers. The house is smaller that most, really one large open room but has everything you need. We spent our entire vacation outside on the deck when we were at the villa so the house size wasn't such a big deal. You will need a jeep to make it up the hill to the house but once you are there you will be glad that you are. Awesome views of Coral Bay and Hurricane Hole.

In two weeks we will be renting Ocean Palm Villa for the third time. Its a large house 6 bedrooms, two living areas and two swimming pools. However you can rent just four bedrooms and have access to the main house and pool. No hot tub but the waterfront pool with its built in tables and seating was great. The bedrooms all have king beds and are all equal in size. They are very private with great outdoor stone showers and private balconys. They have a great special rate advertised now and you can't beat the price. Its right on Johns Folly Beach. The view is amazing!!

I would recommend either place!!
northerngal

Post by northerngal »

I have admired Ocean Palm for a while now! Is it as cool as it looks? that just has to be one of the best! Have you swam in front of it before?
CHM

Post by CHM »

We love Infinity Villa, La Bella Vita and Blue Papaya for 3 to 4 couples. We liked Argonauta also but the bedrooms are not equal. It is still a great villa though.
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

We have stayed at Heaven's Gate and loved it. No hot tub but a very large pool. We rented it through Viva Villas. It is not far past Skinny Legg's ...Amazing views !

Also...if you consider the Boatman's Point area...look on VRBO at Acqua Blu...it is also Incredible...and the owner is the absolute best to work with !

Good luck with the search ! :D
" I believe there's Magic here...."
sherban

Post by sherban »

Maybe Casa Luna or Luminaria?
ncsusan

Post by ncsusan »

northerngal wrote:I have admired Ocean Palm for a while now! Is it as cool as it looks? that just has to be one of the best! Have you swam in front of it before?
We really enjoy it. There is enough room that you can go with a large group and still have your privacy. We usually go with a group of 12 so the second kitchen, living room is wonderful. We only used the guest house pool a few times. The view is much better from the waterfront pool. The house was taken over by the bank a few years ago and there was a noticeable difference in the maintenance for a while but it seems they have gotten on top of it and its better.

As far as swimming, its very hard to get into the water. Once you do the snorkeling is okay but I think there are much better beaches to snorkel. We walked down the beach a little and there is a small bay that was much calmer, we got into the water there. Unless you are a really strong swimmer I would enjoy the view but skip a swim at this rocky beach. Salt Pond or Lameshur are just down the road and are far better beaches to swim.
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

Frances Bay Estate is a great house for a large group. Beautiful house and a great location walking distance to Frances Bay. On A Clear Day is another beautiful house above Frances Bay.

Since you have 4 couples, why not look at some houses in Peter Bay. I'd look at Rotunda. Love that house.
kklay

Post by kklay »

Do you have a budget amount you don't want to go over for the villa? Do you want equal bedrooms with in-suite baths? Maybe any other must haves would be helpful for us to make suggestions.
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

Vida de Mar worked for our group
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

If you want Coral bay - I love Alice by the Sea- newly renovated. - does t have a hot run but a magnificent pool and outdoor kitchen. If you want closer to Cruz bay - I have a list of places I have sat at -
Here's an example of places with bedrooms noted-
I would stay in any of these-
Oceana 6
Maria breeze 5
Altagracias 4
Crystal Seaview 5
Cielodonna 5
Vida del mar 5
The beach villa -5
Kismet -6
Sea forever -4 (rock ridge)
Eden's Whim-5