10 more days..now what?

Travel discussion for St. John
PaminMaine

10 more days..now what?

Post by PaminMaine »

Since I will be working a lot in the next 10 days , this weekend I concentrated on getting organized.

Suitcases 90% packed.
Printed flight itinerary, menu's for food, etc.
Packed the polar bear and placed in the deep freeze.
Packed the checked bag with snacks, baggies, etc, etc.
Assembled 10 days worth of medications.
Located passports. Dusted off Feet, Fins and Four Wheel Drive & Off the beaten path.
Loaded all kinds of racy ( I mean romantic :wink: ) novels on my kindle for the plane/ airport layover.
Charged the camera .

Now what ?? I am forgetting something! :?: :?:
kklay

Re: 10 more days..now what?

Post by kklay »

How about. . . Did you have your mail held? Stop newspaper, call/ notify credit card companies of your upcoming trip, makes reservations to park your car by the airport? That's what I can think of for now!
PaminMaine

Post by PaminMaine »

Thanks KKlay! My adult daughter is staying at my house so that my dog, who is almost 15 doesn't have his daily routine interrupted. She will also take care of mail. We will be parking at my oldest daughters near the airport. I DO need to call the CC company! Also, that reminds me to check on the car insurance for the rental car.

Thanks !
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

If your medications are prescription, I would bring much more than you need to get through the trip. You know, since the weather up here has been so fantastic ;-)

Chelsea Drug does not accept health insurance, so if you get stuck and need more of something you will have to pay out of pocket. Last summer I miscounted one of my prescriptions and had to buy two days worth from Chelsea. It was $10/pill. Sine my normal copay is $2 for a 30 day supply it was an expensive mistake. Now I just carry the full bottle of our prescriptions when we travel...which worked out great this last trip when we got stuck for four extra days!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

Oh my head, you are making me anxious. We are a week out and I haven't even begun to pack. :shock: :roll: :oops:
PaminMaine

Post by PaminMaine »

ski2play wrote:Oh my head, you are making me anxious. We are a week out and I haven't even begun to pack. :shock: :roll: :oops:
YIKES :shock: Get those flip flops in gear !!
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

Sounds like you have it covered. All I’d do now is put on some Bob Marley and make a batch of Bushwackers or Painkillers – sit back and take it all in.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
BillVT

Post by BillVT »

We are 11 days out. Thanks for helping us improve our check list. I have to add to it pestering United to see if they can shorten our layover in PR. We made reservations in July and they changed them in January so we now have a 6 hour layover.
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

Pack snacks in your carryon! I felt so bad for those poor travelers stuck on the Tarmac in Dallas for 9 hours!
Also, I like to put on a little sunless tanning lotion to help get in the mood! Since I coat myself in SPF 50+, it's the only tan I am going to get.
15 days for us! Woohoo!
PaminMaine

Post by PaminMaine »

Donna-I always have a snack in our carry on. I can't stand to pay 10 for a nasty sandwich in the airport!
I was a bad girl and I started tanning last month. I only do it when are going on a trip so I wont burn to a crisp while snorkeling. I still put on loads of sunscreen every hour.
FlaGeorge- Been jamming to One Love all week.. :D