Need villa help for July

Travel discussion for St. John
KTinTX

Need villa help for July

Post by KTinTX »

it's been awhile since I've posted here...truth is we weren't planning a trip this year what with first kid in college etc. BUT...United started direct flights from Houston allowing us to use miles for flights! July 19-26

So...looking for a little more budget friendly accomodations. Considering some condo options, too. Can anyone provide thoughts to guide us on:

1. Miles Away
2. Palm Villa
(both at top of budget range after taxes)

3. Grande Bay 1BR units (still a few available around $300/nt)
4. Gallows Point (harbor lower unit for pricing of $2200/wk direct from GP)
5. Windcrest Villa Loft Suite

6. Other suggestions based on max out budget of about $2600 but prefer lower, Cruz Bay/South shore areas.

Thanks!
KT
Knolmom

Re: Need villa help for July

Post by Knolmom »

Palm Villa has the absolute best view of all of them, and an A/C master as well. Lower Harbor at Gallows might be a little buggy when you open the windows and/ or go out on the patio. We stayed in an upper harbor and loved it but made a mental note at the time not to do the lower. Don't care for the views from Miles Away or any of the villas along that road. That view of the ocean is not particularly interesting or expansive. With all due respect to friends who are owners at GB I just can't come to St John and pay to look at the ocean through telephone poles and wires. That goes for villas on Maria Bluff also.
My choice would be Palm Villa. It has better views than even most of the villas in VG estates, and we vacation for the blue water views, the pool, and a comfortable but not necessarily " upscale " place to sit and sleep!
Ed S

Post by Ed S »

Love Gallows Point - have stayed in upper ocean units annually for the past ~5 years. If you are considering Gallows Point, please keep an eye on their specials from their website to save extra $$'s. Currently running a 25% off special for 5/20-6/30 if booked by 3/31. Realize this is before your travel dates, but it is possible that they may also run a July special. Even if you decide to book prior at rack rates, you can request that if you see a special after you book, that if you call them they will honor it. Has worked for us several times in the past. Good luck with your search!
http://www.gallowspointresort.com/st-jo ... -deals.php
Image[/url]
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

Take a look at Redhawk Cottage on VRBO....in Boatman Point. The owner is fantastic to work with. Views amazing ....We stayed at his property just above it in 2012.

Sherry in SC
" I believe there's Magic here...."
kklay

Post by kklay »

Check out destination St John website - Pride's Paradise is a two bedroom two bath and is $2065 in the off season. It is in a small condo complex in Cruz Bay and is walking distance to town. It appears to be available for your dates. We've stayed there and it is very nice! Small pool area with two nice grills. Beach chairs and coolers available for the beach. Good luck with your search!
bill

Post by bill »

We stay at Estate Lindholm and love it. No kitchen, but breakfast is included and there is a frig, coffee maker, micro wave and sink in your unit. It has beautiful gardens and a pool, not to mention killer view from your balcony.

You can also walk to town. Any questions, let me know!.