Whew....I feel better already!

Travel discussion for St. John
mbw1024

Re: Whew....I feel better already!

Post by mbw1024 »

Flip, it is not 10 years yet but I feel confident we will make it ;)
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Zozo's is attractive, I will give you that!
Ready to go now.
As long as they are still pouring Tignanello, I am sure you will find us there :)

Is there a bar there? I don't recall one when it was Equator but I was only there once.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Yes there is a bar. It is in the center of the restaurant, built around the roof support for the Sugar Mill. It is nice and has a good amount of seats. You don't have to eat to sit at the bar because the seats face in rather than out towards the view. We sometimes go early and have a drink at the bar before our reservation.

And they still have the Tignanello :D
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

:-) I'm in!
RickG

Post by RickG »

Hope to catch up with you on the island some time. I'll look for you in 15 months!

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
ColoradoMom

Post by ColoradoMom »

Sorry to hear you lost your job because even though I don't know you, I forum know you!! Always loved your TRs!!

So, are you on your way to being a world famous travel photographer now or what??
Unless I'm mistaken, you took a great contest-winning photo not long ago.
Congrats on booking a trip and your upcoming anniversary :)
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Thank you for saying so.
If photos could pay the bills I would be very happy.
Alas, I am back to the daily grind of BS!

I learned, while unemployed, that if I could afford it I would be perfectly content not working!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Congrats, MB. Glad to see you back. I hover here from time to time - next trip is this coming June. I cannot wait. Didn't you stay in Ambiance once? I think that convinced us to stay there about 8 years ago, and we are staying there for a second time this June.
wontongirl

Post by wontongirl »

:D :lol: I am so excited for you both! Yippee! Glad you will have plenty of time to do your research.I loved your HM trip report and couldn't wait to get info about Bongo from you because we were staying there that same month. Ten years.... Wow!
I also understand " missing the island and finally getting back there". We are heading there this year for our 25th anniversary, a business meeting and a few months tardy on my 50th bday celebration so I am ready to get this forum buzzing again sister! Let's do it!

I'd forgotten about the veuve clicquot pricing.... Thanks for the reminder.
We celebrated our 15th, 20th anniversaries, my 40th and 45th birthdays in Love City and at Zo Zo's so I'm with you on returning there and I hope we love it just as much as past trips. They take reservations 30 days out so I already have a reminder in my phone LOL. I KNOW YOU GET THAT MB!
I've heard great things about Oceans 362 ( at Gallows) and the drinks sound tasty there so we will give it a whirl and let you know.

I'm getting my "FIX" this morning watching Caribbean Life and a STJ episode. Ooo la la. Especially since there are snow flurries outside . Ughhhhh!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Ken wrote:Congrats, MB. Glad to see you back. I hover here from time to time - next trip is this coming June. I cannot wait. Didn't you stay in Ambiance once? I think that convinced us to stay there about 8 years ago, and we are staying there for a second time this June.
I never stayed at Ambiance, Ken, but I think Flip Flop did.
Looking forward to some new photos from you. The kids must be big!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

wontongirl wrote: They take reservations 30 days out so I already have a reminder in my phone LOL. I KNOW YOU GET THAT MB!
LOL! I just love ya, girl!

I have not priced Veuve down there lately. It will taste better there at any price!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Here are a few from our trip from last summer. One is Virgin Gorda - love it almost as much as St. John.

Easy Breezes Villa:

The incomparable Maho Bay:

Spring Bay, Virgin Gorda

You are right - I think it was Flip-Flop. Archives don't seem to go back that far!

Ken
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Those are great, as always
FinsUp

Post by FinsUp »

MB- Congrats on an upcoming trip to think about and plan for! Wish we traveled to the rock in May so we could meet up :wink: ...Lord knows we can't get it together to meet in Maine! One of these trips it will happen, I just know it!
jmq

Post by jmq »

MB: I would be remiss if I didn't chime in with the other forum old timers and just say: NICE! And good for you.

:D on the getting used to not working thing. Just wait til you hit the downhill side of 55 and you really start saying I've had enough and doing the "gazintas" (aka the math: 4 gazinta 8 two times) on retirement scenarios more frequently.
My wife got riffed last March and very much enjoyed having the summer off. She went back as a consultant in the fall to work a project for former boss at another company and that gig is supposed to go til May. She insisted on a 4 day workweek and 1 day a week work from home and that's the only thing making the return to work somewhat palatable.
That, and maybe the fact that this winter/early spring has REALLY sucked so you might as well work, right? (If I wanted March to be like this, I would live in the woods of Maine or the upper Midwest. I usually have the spinach and lettuce planted by now but the garden has been frozen)

We are hoping to do a New Years week trip to STJ end of this year.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide