Whew....I feel better already!

Travel discussion for St. John
mbw1024

Whew....I feel better already!

Post by mbw1024 »

Have not been around these parts much lately.

In April 2014 I lost my job after having been with the same company for nearly 29 years.
Although we were not planning a STJ trip in '14 once I knew I couldn't go it was ALL that I could think about. So it was best to just stay away!

Went back to work in Jan of this year AND my husband also changed jobs around the same time. Time is short this year so we are out again for 2015.

However, we are already booked and planning a triumphant return in May 2016! We knew where we wanted to stay (Coconuts) so we got on it early. Next year we will both turn 50 and be married 10 years. So we knew where we wanted to go to celebrate!

It is still a long way off but for now I will settle for knowing I am going back "next year".

-mb
mahojim

Re: Whew....I feel better already!

Post by mahojim »

Good for you!
Lord knows how hard it is to not have a ticker, and no plans in the future for a visit. Might seem like a long wait, but it's going to be here before you know it. Thrilled for you two. Where are you located in NJ? Shoot me a private message if you want to meet up sometime.
Again, congratulations!
Smiles -
MJ
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Wow mbw1024!!! I remember your first trip report from your honeymoon, and it seems like that way YESTERDAY!!!! I cannot believe it's been 10 years!!! Congrats to you both and I am excited for you guys' return!!!
"Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die" - Dave Matthews Band
sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

So happy for you. Our 10th Anniversary is this year... It goes fast doesn't it. Enjoy Coconuts someday we hope to get back there.
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

Welcome back...Coconuts was one of our favs before Kevin took it over and did his improvements. I've been banned from staying there and calling the villa due to my Late Night Booty Calls to the occupants at Coconuts one night when I needed a STJ 'FIX'. That said occupant was none other than Kevin himself... :roll:
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Bigcheeze, I remember that story. We stayed at Coconuts in 2013. Loved it.

Hi Fran :) hope you are well!
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Mary Beth- so very happy for you. We've had a very difficult year and a half and until a few weeks ago it did not seem possible that we could visit our happy place this year. I could barely look at this forum- too painful! The tide has turned and we've cobbled a visit together in April and the (now mostly grown up) boys are both able to join us.

All of a sudden it seems easier to breathe. I totally get it! I still remember your honeymoon TR and a few years later tipping me off the Veuve Clicquot was pretty cheap down there- who would have thunk it? Hopefully it still will be when you celebrate your anniversary trip. XOXO!
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

Hi Mary Beth

It was a long 8 years since we made it back to STJ and it was soooooooo nice to be back on that rock. So, I know your feeling, but the trip will be so nice. Good luck on the new job.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Congratulations on the triumphant return! I too remember reading your honeymoon report. Weren't you the second person to stay at Bongo Bongo? I have had that house on my short list ever since but the darn thing is so popular it is always booked when I go to look at it! Same thing with Coconuts.

John and I spent our 10th anniversary on St. John...ummm....a long time ago. May I suggest dinner at Zozos as the perfect place to celebrate? :D
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Hey there! So very happy that things are looking up for you guys. I can't think of a better place to celebrate such important milestones. I wish you much happiness as you begin to anticipate the big return. Be happy!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Zozo's bar had been one of my favorite places on earth. Will I feel the same about the new location, Becky?
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Congrats on all your good news!

We are returning to STJ (Caneel) for our 20th anniversary this summer.

I think you will be pleased with the new Zozo's location. Our group is pretty set in our ways and we were wowed by the new location last Feb.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

There is just no way its been 10 years!!!! Congrats to you and Charlie on the anniversary and the return. So happy for you!!!
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

mbw1024 wrote:Zozo's bar had been one of my favorite places on earth. Will I feel the same about the new location, Becky?
Definitely yes! Believe it or not, the new location is even better than the old space. There are still sunset views, and the Sugar Mill setting is fantastic. The tables are nicely spaced, the lighting is romantic, and the service and food are as good as ever.

Here is a photo of the sunset view I took from the new location:

It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

Congratulation on your 10 year anniversary we had a 30 year anniversary dinner there last MayHere are a couple inside views. I give you another one of the view
ImageP5049000 by SHOEMAK38, on Flickr
ImageP5049021 by SHOEMAK38, on Flickr

ImageP5049015 by SHOEMAK38, on Flickr