STJ sticker seen in Monona WI today

Travel discussion for St. John
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

STJ sticker seen in Monona WI today

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

Went shopping at Copps grocery store today and saw a minivan with an STJ sticker on it in the parking lot as I went in. As I perused the aisles throughout the store I kept looking for someone who might be an STJ addict, like we are. I wanted to randomly ask people but that would have been weird. That is all. Just thought I'd share that moment of STJ in my day here in snowy WI.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
Barb Y

Re: STJ sticker seen in Monona WI today

Post by Barb Y »

I love it when I randomly see a STJ sticker. I have been known to speed up just to get a glimpse of the driver just to see if I recognize them somehow. Love to share the love.
mahojim

Re: STJ sticker seen in Monona WI today

Post by mahojim »

That kind of thing happened to me a couple of years ago.
I had a STJ petroglyph bumper sticker on my , well, rear bumper. I went into a liquor store, and a woman ran in behind me, all smiles, and said," Oh, I just LOVE your bumper sticker!!! We just got back from vacation a few weeks ago. I miss it so much!" We talked about how wonderful a place STJ is, and what/where our favorite things are. We then gave eachother a hug, and parted ways. Refreshing!
Then I went and scooped up whatever I was buying, and got in line. While waiting, I was just standing there, looking around, when I felt eyes on me...it was the lady I had just spoken to,- she saw that she caught my attention again, and smiled and waved again, excitedly. Too funny, and cute. I paid, was walking out and glanced over my shoulder again to yet more excited smiles and waves good-bye.
Now, she was either just so excited to meet someone else who lives locally and shares the same love for that beautiful place, or she was just really into me.
I may never know... :roll:
Smiles-
MJ