Innervisions 'grasshopper'

Travel discussion for St. John
loria

Innervisions 'grasshopper'

Post by loria »

Innervisions' Grasshopper experienced a stroke the other day . he is currently in the hospital. There is a fund being set up to help defray medical expenses -- if you would like to donate please send a check made out to St John Revolving Fund with
Philip Hopper Pickering in the memo line and send c/o Connections 9901 Emmaus St john USVI 00830

thanks all!
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
jac w

Re: Innervisions 'grasshopper'

Post by jac w »

They have also set up a Go Fund Me listing
https://www.gofundme.com/qfggmdw/
loria

Post by loria »

True dat-- but the issue with go fund me -- while convenient-- they take a pretty big hit of the cash percentage wise-- so ..... if you can spare the first class stamp and can get to the post.... more of your money goes to help Mr Pickering....
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

Go Fund Me .... takes part of the donations ? Whoaaaa...I did not know that ! :(
" I believe there's Magic here...."
nuendelcapecod

Post by nuendelcapecod »

Thank you for posting this. I will get a check to Connections right away. He sang "Happy Birthday" to me when they performed at Cinnamon Bay Campground March 19. It was a very special birthday.
loria

Post by loria »

yeah-- i mean go fund me can be very powerful for capturing a broad audience and it is very convenient (accepts credit cards and all that! ) and well run and everything -- but they charge 5% plus there is a 2.9% charge from we pay and then a $0.30 charge per donation.
That's why it's probably better to go via connections if you can manage it. -- particularly if you planned a larger donation.-- since , for example a donation of $500 gives go fund me 39.80......