A Good Friday reminder

Travel discussion for St. John
lprof

A Good Friday reminder

Post by lprof »

From Tradewinds on Facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/pages/St-John- ... 12?fref=nf )

DLCA REMINDS ESTABLISHMENTS OF GOOD FRIDAY ALCOHOL BAN

Devin Carrington, Commissioner Designee of the Department of Licensing and Consumer Affairs advises all bars, restaurants, and establishments that serve alcohol of their obligation to comply with Title 1, Section 171 of the Virgin Islands Code which prohibits liquor from being served on Good Friday.

Pursuant to Title 1, Section 171(b) V.I.C., “distilled liquor and drinks prepared therewith shall not be served in public places of refreshments between the hours of 9:00 o’ clock in the morning and 4:00 o’clock in the afternoon on Good Friday.” Violation of this subsection will result in a fine of not more than $200 or imprisonment for not more than one year, or both.

The Department of Licensing and Consumer Affairs would like to wish everyone a safe and Happy Easter.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
crasherino

Re: A Good Friday reminder

Post by crasherino »

Damn. Hopefully - if this is actually enforced - they go with the $200 fine and not the year in prison.
jaybfloyd

Re: A Good Friday reminder

Post by jaybfloyd »

I agree. I wonder if you roll the dice. You're gonna make a hell of a lot more than $200 if you ignore the ban and serve alcohol. Year in prison might sting a little.