Fire on the Water... a review

Travel discussion for St. John
lprof

Fire on the Water... a review

Post by lprof »

While on St John in February, my husband and I enjoyed an evening sunset package known as "Fire on the Water". This is my review and some links.

February 25, 2015, the "Fire on the Water" sunset cruise and dinner left the dock on the inaugural Wednesday evening trip along the north shore of St John in the US Virgin Islands. My husband and I had been looking forward to this after registering online the week before; the check-in was simple in Mongoose Junction at 4:30 near the Gecko Gazebo Bar where we cashed in our two coupons for cocktails. About 20 minutes later the group walked across the street and boarded the Motor Yacht Cinnamon Bay. The boat quickly filled and we set off from Cruz Bay Creek as a rainbow colored the sky. It was great fun to see the familiar beaches from the water and to share stories about them with others on this trip. Wine, beer, rum punch, painkillers, and other drinks were available for the asking. This night the weather and the water were in perfect form, and when we stopped we were at Francis Bay and treated to more drinks and appetizers from Virgin Fire Grill... excellent spreads and chilled shrimp were delicious. As the sun set we motored back to Cruz Bay watching the nearby island of St Thomas light up. Once we had said our goodbyes to the crew and other passengers, we returned across the street to Virgin Fire Grill where we had our choice of entree from the menu and Key Lime Pie. The Hot Club of Coral Bay was live and making some really good music there; our evening was a complete joy and really fun. Everyone involved in this fixed price experience was friendly and well-versed on making our evening wonderful. We will do this again!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/floridali ... 583066205/

http://virginfirevi.com/fire-on-the-water.html
... no longer a stranger to paradise
ski2play

Re: Fire on the Water... a review

Post by ski2play »

Sounds perfect! Thanks for sharing.